BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the OEM 19 inch wheels and will be needing rear tires soon. I have noticed that many M owner have gone from standard 255 rears to 275. Is there a particular reason for this?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
a couple reasons i can think of:

1. better traction.
  2. looks more aggresive.
although, if you desired to reduce understeer on the car, you can / should increase the size on the fronts as well. i run 275 front and 285 rear.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I run 235 front and 265 rear. Seems like everyone keeps a 30mm gap in tyre width between the front and rear tyres!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I run 235 front and 265 rear. Seems like everyone keeps a 30mm gap in tyre width between the front and rear tyres!
I like the sound of this combo. It's larger but doesn't deviate too much from the stock. May I ask what Brand you are using?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I like the sound of this combo. It's larger but doesn't deviate too much from the stock. May I ask what Brand you are using?

Thanks
I am currently using Continental contisports 2s Front and Rear. Looks good and the grip is great! Not as expensive and probably havent got the same outright grip as the Michelin Pilot sport 2s , but they last longer and the grip is pretty awesome wet and dry.

·
Registered
376 Posts
im getting ready to order some tires for my 19s and want to go larger , i was looking at pilot sports, but they are not available in 275/30/19

they come in 35

but the pilot sport sp2 comes in it

im not too tire savy , can anyone give me any recommendations

i just dont know a ton about tire size, and have done alot of searching with little results , car specific

thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
I run 275/30/19 Rear and 245/35/19 front. After reading a lot of threads about the General Exclaim UHP, I decided to give them a try. For the price, I can get else if I'm not pleased with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts