E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Chilly Willy
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone on bimmerforums did this swap and said it works well

E46 M3 suspension on std E46 coupe works very well

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to let all y'all know. I sold my OEM suspension (10k miles) to a friend with an '00 328ci (80k miles) and he's THRILLED with the difference in his car. The handling is terrific, much less body roll, and the ride is actually nicer than it was before - probably because his old shocks were worn out. The car ended being lowered a very small bit, maybe .5".

The springs, shocks, and sways all bolted right in with no problems. For people considering the swap, I highly encourage it. Lots of E46 M3 guys are looking to sell their OEM suspension for less than $300, and it's an excellent mod for regular E46s, especially higher mileage ones.

Consider: for slightly more than the price of lowering springs, you can have a complete suspension designed by BMW Motorsport. That's pretty cool.

I am thinking about doing this as well....anyone here did the same thing?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
all the none believers are at a loss for words :spit: Cool, as long as you don't pay half of what it would cost for a decent aftermarket setup, it's probably worth it, and of course as long as the suspension didn't come off an M3 with 40K miles on it already. If it's low mileage stuff and you get it for cheap....go for it, it's got to be better than non-m oem sport suspension :)

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
This mentions the use of the sways, does that include the rear? Only adding the front sway increases understeer. Also as BMWDon pointed out it is a sweet swap assuming it is cheap and the stuff isn't old.

My recommendation is still to get aftermarket unless the E46 M3 stuff has a great price and you don't mind replacing it again later.

·
Chilly Willy
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks tim, and bmwdon! :thumbup:

yah, the price is great, and the suspension has less than 2k miles on it, and I have someone to install it for me for a good price....quick question though, my car has about 45 thousand miles on it, would now be a good time to change the suspension? i mean it still feels pretty stiff...

·
Registered
0 Posts
KillFox said:
Did your friend use the M3 front guide supports (hats) or E46 front guide supports?
Anyone know the answer to this question? I'm planning on getting my friend's M3 suspension..less than 5k miles on it...would it just fit into my 323Ci? would it also work with my Bavauto springs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.