BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I need to purchase new tires soon for my 325i but, I don't want to spend money on the ugly stock wheels. What I want to know is if anybody has thrown some wheels on their cars at stock height and how did the outcome look? I'm usually against wheels before drop, but with this car, I'm trying to avoid lowering. I really like the CSL reps, but im not too sure how well it will look at stock height. Any suggestions or pictures as to what direction I should head in for getting wheels? Thanks!

·
Registered
399 Posts
CSL reps will look good hands down.. but with a drop you'll be even better. one thing about stock height, is trying out rims. You can estimate offsets / widths, and camber, and what tire sizes will work best with what you wanna do, etc.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't think wheel gap will make the setup look tacky? Usually when I see cars that have wheels but a lot of gap between the fender and the wheel, it looks a bit tacky...Is there anybody on here that might have a stock height e46 on csl's? Also, I do see alot of different reps on many different sites and I'm not too sure what's the best to go with. Offset-wise, what should I look into if I'm going with maybe 18x8, and also would 19's be more of a hassle to run if I plan on lowering the car in the future?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Usually when people run 19's, they run a 35 series profile, depending on the width, gap with 19's is not hard to close at all.. 18x8 is a size ive seen around on e46's. for flush fitment people usually run around a 30 offset i've seen for 8" widths.

·
Banned
7,231 Posts
Usually when people run 19's, they run a 35 series profile, depending on the width, gap with 19's is not hard to close at all.. 18x8 is a size ive seen around on e46's. for flush fitment people usually run around a 30 offset i've seen for 8" widths.
ET30 on an 8-inch wide rim will not be flush, at least not in the back.
You'll need spacers or wider rims, however its a very safe setup to avoid rubbing. I run ET35 on 18x8 squared.

And to answer the original post, you'll look perfectly fine with rims and no drop. The latter is just a cherry on top.

·
Registered
399 Posts
ET30 on an 8-inch wide rim will not be flush, at least not in the back.
You'll need spacers or wider rims, however its a very safe setup to avoid rubbing. I run ET35 on 18x8 squared.

And to answer the original post, you'll look perfectly fine with rims and no drop. The latter is just a cherry on top.
Exactly.. its safe but flush enough for those who don't want something too aggressive or poking / stretch. thats why i reccomended a staggered setup all the more.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As of right now, this is the only pic I have...5-Spd 325i 4dr blk/blk. I'm thinking I'll just go with silver as it looks clean and should contrast nicely with the black!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am thinking of a staggered set up, but I'm worried about tire prices and what not. I will probably cheap out on the tires and get some falken PT-722 as they have some pretty good reviews on them.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Ive ran falkens a few times, never had any problems with them. Never really had any problems with any tires to be honest.. i drive very slow because of how low i am so.. but i agree. the silver will be a good contrast. on those models, you dont have the chrome looking window trim.. looks better like yours in my opinion. any color rims will look good on your car im thinking!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good to know, I've had the ze-912's before and they had great dry traction, but were poor in wet conditions as well as the tread wearing down quickly. I'm hearing good things about these pt-722 so I may just go with these since they are cheap! And yes, Im excited to see how it will look with the csl's on it, hopefully it will fill in nicely. I do want a flush fitment, semi-aggressive, so maybe down the road I will get a cup kit or something along the lines to get the car sitting nice on the wheels.

·
Old City Bimmer
425 Posts
I'm running 18 x 9 all around with ET35 on a sedan with sports pkg. I believe this is the widest you can go without rolling fenders. I can use a small drop, but it's definetly flush with the body line.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good to know, i would like a square setup for the fact of rotating wheels. Too bad i cannot find a square csl set for cheap, guess ill just have to keep looking!

·
Registered
399 Posts
but if youre gonna be running a square setup, it altogether defeats the purpose of staggered. i say run staggered and dont drive like a maniac, and find good prices on some rubber!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Purpose of which I assume would be the flush fitment with a staggered vs non-staggered? If so, I could always compensate with some spacers given the little bit more money needed for those. Other than that, I don't see much more of an advantage with a staggered set up. But whatever turns out to be cheaper, I'll go with it.

·
Banned
7,231 Posts
I can't see the pictures at work, but those wheels will fit just fine on a sedan with no drop.

You may need some rear fender rolling with a drop though.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts