BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will this work?
I want to swap the deck and cd changer between 2 330i's.
One of them has the HK upgraded system with in-dash tape player and cd changer.
The second one has a non-hk upgraded system with in-dash cd.

Basically I want to put the non-HK upgraded in-dash cd player and put it in the HK upgraded 330i. Then put the HK upgraded in-dash tape player into the non-HK 330i. Then add the CD changer to the non-HK upgraded car as well.

Phew!! I really hope someone understands this. And if you do, can it be done?
Thanks.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yes it can the HK has to do with the amp, subwoofers/sub amp and a switch on the console. The radio harness is the same in the back for all of them. I checked this on the ETK parts CD from BMW. You can swap em with no problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just installed Alpine 9815 on my 2002 330i 2 week ago. Now I have the original CD (HK) and want to put this in my brother car which is a 2000 328i cassette player. The cassette have one extra wire connection from the unit. what is that extra wire plug. (look like an L (upside down) ,middle plug)) is for?? Also, the other wire (farthest on the right if looking from the back) is a male connection , and won't match on the CD unit hole. Have any one swapped this before?? and no electrical problem with the 328i car?? Thanks for the info. If not I will let the pro do it for 25 bucks as they quoted me when I installed the Alpine.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Those two wires are the antenna. One is an AM band the other an FM band. Later models used a single antenna for both. The earlier models had a notorious AM whine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts