E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been running a stock filter on my car originally. Then hearing all the hype decided to go with K/N.. At first wow my car feels different not to mention the sound.

So a couple months go by and my car is running like total crap rough idle everything. No biggie clean out the mass air flow, change the sparks, clean the ICV and clean the k/n filter (did not over oil)

Drove another 20 000KM same bs again. At this point read on the forums here that k/n lets more particles in then any other filter. Again preform the same things except this time put in a stock air filter.

15 000km later no issues. Took apart my ICV clean as a whistle.

I am no longer going to use k/n i know alot of people swear by it but not in my case. Krap and Nasty thats what i call it from now on also.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
It must be your wing and non-functional plate blocker

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Get the dinan tube style CAI and put the water sock on it. No debris will get into your engine. And you will get 5hp and your engine will be really loud and sound good.

·
Registered
25,513 Posts
Get the dinan tube style CAI and put the water sock on it. No debris will get into your engine. And you will get 5hp and your engine will be really loud and sound good.
I had one, car sounded the same, didn't feel any faster. Sure did look cool though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts