BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Folks,
I am new to the fourm...I have a E90..I am looking for buying a 2000-2002 stock 323 or 325 (for the wife) and make into a newer (2004) Sport E46. So I can get a 335 Coupe guilt free :shhh:

How do I turn this

Into this

I know I'll need the body kit..
  • Will I need to add lowering springs?
  • Is the 2004 ZHP 330 lowered from the factory?

Lowered cars look good but then you need to get better bushings and you get negative camber (tires wearing) when you lower and add bigger rims. This is what I experianced with my E34 (in my sig). Basically it was a pain in the ass.

Any input from you guys is appreciated..sorry for the newbie questions..

Thx..

PS Sorry for borrowing pics of people's car on this board..

·
Premium Member
7,686 Posts
Hey Folks,
I am new to the fourm...I have a E90..I am looking for buying a 2000-2002 stock 323 or 325 (for the wife) and make into a newer (2004) Sport E46. So I can get a 335 Coupe guilt free :shhh:

How do I turn this

Into this

I know I'll need the body kit..
  • Will I need to add lowering springs?
  • Is the 2004 ZHP 330 lowered from the factory?

Lowered cars look good but then you need to get better bushings and you get negative camber (tires wearing) when you lower and add bigger rims. This is what I experianced with my E34 (in my sig). Basically it was a pain in the ass.

Any input from you guys is appreciated..sorry for the newbie questions..

Thx..

PS Sorry for borrowing pics of people's car on this board..

How much do you want to spend?

- ZHPs and Sport suspension have different springs than stock. Or you can go aftermarket from H&R. Both are good quality, and will run you about $250-$400.

- Sports package also has different seats and steering wheel

- If you want the car to LOOK like a 2002-2005, you need to do some serious work. New tails, hood, fenders, etc etc.

If you havent bought the wifey a car yet I STRONGLY recommend you buy a 2002-2005 sedan with the sports package preinstalled

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
hmmm - ok thx for the input..really I dont care about the interior or lights...I just really want to lower it, add after market rims and the aftermarket body kit..

if I add it up
- Approx $300 RIMS
- Approx $2400 MTech Body Kit installed and painted
- Approx $1300 rims and tires

I think a 330 will cost alot more...what do you all think?

·
Premium Member
7,686 Posts
hmmm - ok thx for the input..really I dont care about the interior or lights...I just really want to lower it, add after market rims and the aftermarket body kit..

if I add it up
- Approx $300 RIMS
- Approx $2400 MTech Body Kit installed and painted
- Approx $1300 rims and tires

I think a 330 will cost alot more...what do you all think?

A 330 will cost more... A 325 with the sports package is the way to go... And make sure you buy it from a 2002 or newer. 99-01 is the prefacelift design. 02-05 is the facelift design. A ZHP was never made with prefacelift design, even though the parts will fit.

You can find used 325s with the sports package for the same cost as w/o the sports package...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not to be bias because i drive a pre facelifted sedan but in "Snazzy" pics differences i personally like the 99-01 in looks alone much better,more clean.....

·
Premium Member
7,686 Posts
Not to be bias because i drive a pre facelifted sedan but in "Snazzy" pics differences i personally like the 99-01 in looks alone much better,more clean.....

he said he wanted it to look like a ZHP... i was telling how to...

and where did you get "snazzy" from? my screen name is clearly my initials + my YOB. Haha. it was my aol address from 1992 or something

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
to be honest - this for my wife so I'll probably go about 12K..that's why I was looking at the MY'00 or MY'01. I plan on buying this in the US and exporting it to Canada BTW. Is there any major issue with a higher milage E46? Does the 00's and '01's have daytime running headlights? In the E90 you can just turn the knob and leave it in that position..

M.

·
Registered
924 Posts
00's and 01's can have daytime running lights, its $50 to get them switched on or off at the dealer

any higher milage car is going to be more of a gamble, but in my experience they tend to do ok, more electrical issues than mechanical

but you obviously need more feedback

search around a bit too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts