E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did some research on the boards and found that with a stock nav and no cd changer i can opt to get the Alpine CHA-S634 MP3 CD changer with blizsafe adapter, does anyone have any feedback on this setup? or advise a better combination available?
thanks
jon

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
If you are considering upgrading the head unit sometime in the future, get the Alpine, that way it is a direct plug in with an Alpine head unit.

I am not sure about cost, but it might be cheaper than an OEM changer.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im probably not going to upgrade because i have the stock nav in my car, but i heard with the blitzsafe it hooks right up to my stock nav screen

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
hakjai said:
i did some research on the boards and found that with a stock nav and no cd changer i can opt to get the Alpine CHA-S634 MP3 CD changer with blizsafe adapter, does anyone have any feedback on this setup? or advise a better combination available?
thanks
jon
iPod? :dunno:

·
Registered
868 Posts
i'm in the same boat as you.....i'm debating the oem or alpine
i'll take the one with better skip protection if i could figure that out somehow :hmm:
Technic: you must really love that iPod :thumbup:

·
Registered
245 Posts
I did a alpine mp3/cd changer with the blitzsafe. It worked pretty well. It just didnt recognize any folder structure or ID3 tags. You get track 397/4789. Its kind of frusturating.

Alpine has the new adapter that goes aInet into the Ipod. I have my ipod in the trunk and I can COMPLETELY control it from the Alpine Headunit as if I was looking at the ipod. All Id3 tags come through. You can browse. Create playlists. Its a seamless integration.

Its the way to go.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
yayopwr said:
i'm in the same boat as you.....i'm debating the oem or alpine
i'll take the one with better skip protection if i could figure that out somehow :hmm:
Technic: you must really love that iPod :thumbup:
There are more than 200 CD's and 1300 songs in my iPod... this little device is a bigger jump in technology than going from a cassette to CD. :craig:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
04E46 said:
Alpine has the new adapter that goes aInet into the Ipod. I have my ipod in the trunk and I can COMPLETELY control it from the Alpine Headunit as if I was looking at the ipod. All Id3 tags come through. You can browse. Create playlists. Its a seamless integration.

Its the way to go.
does this work with the factory head unit as well?

·
Registered
868 Posts
if i'm not retarded than yea it does with the ice>link thing
**waiting for Technic (official iPod spokesman) to confirm**

1 - 11 of 11 Posts