BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here know anything about 6-disc changers?!?! My changer works when it wants to. It will work for a couple days and then wont work for a week. When it isnt working nothing even appears on the dash when I press "cd". I can sometimes get it to work when I unplug the cables to the actual changer and then replug them in hours later. Any ideas what the problem may be or is my changer garbage? thanks for any help/ideas.

·
Registered
7,635 Posts
Could be a number of things, from the head unit, cables, all the way to the changer itself. Troubleshoot by wiggling wires at the changer/head unit. If you come up empty, see if you can borrow someone's changer for a couple days. If the problem is solved, then you can be 100% sure the changer needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm having the same problem. Sometimes when I put a new CD in the magazine, it tries to 'read' all the CD's, but it is as if it doesn't 'see' any CD, and then on the head unit it says 'NO CDS', sometimes, 'NO MAGAZINE'. Occasionally it would also refuse to eject the magazine. Now I had this repaired once when I bought the car 2 and a half years ago, but it was under dealership warranty then so they just fixed it. Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Mine does the same thing too, I punch it right in the magazine when it won't eject, then re-insert the magazine and it should work fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts