E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the plain nasty 16" rims that came with the car.. and now i'm considering buying the bbs ch 18's.. but which is a heavier wheel? im guessing the ch's by a little.. actually, i have no idea..

·
Registered
74 Posts
i weighed my nasty lookin stock 16X7 rims with 225/50 tires and it came out to about 45lbs per wheel.....18X8.5 CHs are about 24lbs + around 25lbs for say 235/40/18 tires...so total the CHs with tires will come out to 4-5 lbs heavier per wheel, give or take a pound or two.....i doubt you'll feel the diff on the street, so don't sweat it, chs are sweet rims!

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
bmkev46 said:
i weighed my nasty lookin stock 16X7 rims with 225/50 tires and it came out to about 45lbs per wheel.....18X8.5 CHs are about 24lbs + around 25lbs for say 235/40/18 tires...so total the CHs with tires will come out to 4-5 lbs heavier per wheel, give or take a pound or two.....i doubt you'll feel the diff on the street, so don't sweat it, chs are sweet rims!
Agreed. Ch's look great on the car as well. :thumbup:

http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BN4&url=/wheels/index.jsp

·
Registered
20 Posts
dont forget that with a larger wheel the weight is concentrated further from the center which really compounds the effect of those few pounds. aka go for as light a rim as you can afford and still like the look. I just recently switched from style 45 16s to kosei k4r 17s and saved about 5lbs/wheel. I can definitely tell the difference. The car is quicker and much more responsive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.