E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's

My setup is 19 x 10 c/w 265/30/19 hm2's and Kw coilovers, I got the fenders rolled but I still rub in the rear. I know some people talked about shaving, but the body shop guy say's not really good because weakens the fenders to much. I don't want to raise it to much because it will look like a truck.

So does anyone have any experance with this on there car before.

Thanks for the opinions

·
ROI-ndian
288 Posts
beacuse you went 19x10 in the rear, max 330ci hold is suppose to be 19x9.5 i think

onlyway fit 19x10 is if you widen fenders to like m3 size, and thats gonna be a lot of money in body work then paint

suggestion, try sell the rear 2 rims and get 19x9.5 or if u ballin, get widened rear, but that will reduce resale value by a lot, i know since im doin it to my car right now lol

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do they even make 9.5 in rear? I thought it was 8.5 and 10"

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,457 Posts
19x10s do fit. pertaining you got the correct offset, should be 44. I had 19x10 PG3s in the rear and it didnt rub after fender roll. Couple suggestsions.

1) check the tire. tire pressure matters as well as the shape of the tire, for exaple, toyo t1-s and dunlop sp9s have a round sidewall (there could be tothers too) thus when the wheel travels, the round wall just misses the rolled fender line. where as pirelli P7s have straight side wall and a wider contact patch, thus when the wheel travels, the tire wall hits just at the fenderline causing rubbery annoyance.
2)Check your camber in the rear. you may not have enough neg camber. even at stock camber settings you may clear or not clear. have someone adjust the rear cambers for you (YES THEY ARE ADJUSTABLE!)
3)The fender rolling shop may not have done a good job at rolling your fenders. I know for a fact that a local shop down here will roll your fenders and then go out and test drive the car to make sure that it doesnt rub anymore. if it does, he'll roll even more to make sure that it doesnt rub anymore.

·
Thread Hijacker!!!
360 Posts
The 10's are fine for the coupe. You either have to raise it a bit if you have it slammed right now or shave it the lip off. I shaved mines and the fender feels as strong as before. i mean if you're gonna get rear ended or t-boned, no matter how strong that fender is..it's gonna get bent. Oh yeah, my set up is 19x8.5 and 19x10's. No problem at all. And i've got lots of clearance since i shaved my fender lip.

JT

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guy's the help is great!

Can any of you show pic's of shaved lips. Even pics of how low you are. Did any of you do it your self. (shaving)

I also have yokohamoa AVS sport, to give you an idea of tire I'm using.

THANKS

·
eh.
1,317 Posts
lilherc79 said:
19x10s do fit. pertaining you got the correct offset, should be 44. I had 19x10 PG3s in the rear and it didnt rub after fender roll. Couple suggestsions.

1) check the tire. tire pressure matters as well as the shape of the tire, for exaple, toyo t1-s and dunlop sp9s have a round sidewall (there could be tothers too) thus when the wheel travels, the round wall just misses the rolled fender line. where as pirelli P7s have straight side wall and a wider contact patch, thus when the wheel travels, the tire wall hits just at the fenderline causing rubbery annoyance.
2)Check your camber in the rear. you may not have enough neg camber. even at stock camber settings you may clear or not clear. have someone adjust the rear cambers for you (YES THEY ARE ADJUSTABLE!)
3)The fender rolling shop may not have done a good job at rolling your fenders. I know for a fact that a local shop down here will roll your fenders and then go out and test drive the car to make sure that it doesnt rub anymore. if it does, he'll roll even more to make sure that it doesnt rub anymore.
wheres the shop?

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,457 Posts
Wayne @ A1 in Huntington Beach.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts