E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find it hard to believe that no one has ever actually done a Breyton E46 coupe. Wonder why that is??? The front piece looks pretty good in this picture. Of course anything looks good in Topaz blue, right? Mine is TiAg.

http://www.evosport.com/product/images/breyton/e46_6.jpg

But, I don't really care for the Breyton sides or rear piece. So, I was thinkin' about doing the Breyton front lip spoiler, some RD Tornado sides, and maybe an ACS rear add-on...sort of a poor-man's Tornado coupe. Can you picture it?

Here are the RD sides. Can you see them with the Breyton front or is that too much to imagine?

http://www.racdyn-usa.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=1&Category_Code=e46

Too boring? Not enough lines, angles, detail? Whadyathink?

John

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,854 Posts
its just me but I would go for the full breyton kit. I love how it looks and its very rare
:thumbup:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where are they all???

So why do ya' think no one on any of the forums I have visited have done the Breyton coupe??? The only pics I have seen are from Breyton's promo stuff. I've spent hours searching the Net for a pic of an individual's Breyton coupe. Not one. Whazzup wit that?

The reason I'm asking...again...is that I have a line on a Breyton front piece that could be shipped tomorrow. BUT, they want a 20% restock fee if I don't like it. Woof...that's about $120 PLUS shipping both ways just to see one of these things. That would amount to about $200... and I seem to have lost my directions to that money tree.

J.

·
Euro.Techniks
4,140 Posts
MCD007 said:
i have seen a breyton coupe before. Used to drive arounds school here.

thats weird how this thread came up...honestly that was my plan to my coupe but trading in soon...I'm a huge fan of Breyton :thumbup:
just take a look at the wheels in my sig

·
Registered
347 Posts
That Breyton kit looks sweet, But I'd rather a ACS add ons w/Breyton Rims Sprits or Inspration.

·
Registered
10,004 Posts
gives it an ugly lower oversides jaw look....not diggin it.... not much to do that works nicely with that bumper other than the ACS, rieger GT, and the Hartge one....I think any one of those compliments the coupe well...

Im doing the ACS one preety soon with a rear lip and sides, but havent picked those yet....

Good luck!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ooo, Ooo, Ooo...

...I've got a great idea! Why don't all of the forum members get together and send me donations for the Breyton project and we'll get one of these puppies built and we'll have one to look at. Whadyasay??? :woot: :woot: :lmao:

Any more thoughts on the hybrid project I propose? I sorta like the ACS lip, I sorta like the Hartge lip, and I am intrigued by the Breyton front. But like I said, I'm not that thrilled with the side view of the Breyton sides and rear....don't really flow the way I like. Unfortunately, I have misplaced the Web address of the only place I found with an actual side view of the Breyton kit. I'll keep looking.

J.

·
Registered
607 Posts
the current job site I'm on is literally two blocks from EvoSport in SoCal, they are a Breyton distributor. I'll go by and see if there are any E46 coupes there with that kit. I know I've seen an E36. If so I'll try to snap a pic.

·
Registered
820 Posts
The breyton is too bulky and low, makes your car look kinda like it has a jay leno chin. I think no one has a breyton coupe because there are so many other kits out there that look much better. Your idea of Breyton front, RD sides (get the real stuff from RDSport not electrodyne aka racdynusa), and ACS rear.... I don't think there's anything poor about those pieces, they should be pretty expensive.

·
JDM - Style
4,122 Posts
Ardi used to have a super-clean Breyton sedan.

A Breyton coupe I have never seen.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd still like to see one, but my enthusiasnm is waning. Hey, that's what this forum is all about right...helping to make decisions we won't regret...usually. :)

Thanks for the help. If my car was Topaz, I'd probably go ACS, too. Love it in that color, you lucky hound. But, there's just something about silver that makes that front look too...too...something. But in blue?........ :drool:

I may order that Hartge lip like I planned to do months and months ago. If I don't like it, I would bet someone on this forum would love to get one shipped to them over night instead of waiting the "year" I will have to wait when I order it, eh? (actually, the wait is more like 4-8 weeks, but we all know what that feels like...a year...or two. :rolleyes: )

1 - 14 of 14 Posts