BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"sticker shock" for a full Mtech kit!!!!!!

I am going to get a Mtech front in the spring so I decided to call my dealer for a qoute on it. (Even though I will probably get it from pacific, or the other one). Guess what he qouted me for a full kit w/spoiler lip painted and installed?????? $3600!!!! I almost :lmao: in his face! I told him I could get the kit for like 1200 and what 2400 for labor& paint? I dont think so!

·
Europrojektz NW
958 Posts
HKE46Boy said:
I have the whole kit for sale and only cost you $500, too bad you have a sedan
How much are you selling your M-Tech Rear for??? PM or email me dude...

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
I almost bought the mtech front for my car and when i called my dealer, they told me it would be $1200 painted and installed, this was just or the front bumper.

·
Registered
930 Posts
HKE46Boy said:
I have the whole kit for sale and only cost you $500, too bad you have a sedan
am interested in whole kit...if you havent found a buyer yet...is it in silver? and what condition? (email me)

·
Registered
778 Posts
I tell you a little secret. We have a close friend in our family who works for BMW. Since they got everything at a reduced price I asked him how much he could get the kit for back in Dec. Dec happened to be there cheep buy month where they get everything at cost.

Front, Sides, Rear M-Tech kit. So thats everything you need to install and what not.... $650 + Tax.

But I changed my mind and I am only getting the front end now.

·
Registered
124 Posts
im getting the bumper guard for my X-5 that little tube that goes on the front bumper, painted body color. Dealer said 995 the part only costs 400. I went to the body shop that nearly rebuilt my dad's 740il this summer and he told me 700. 300 differnce all on the installation.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
OK here's the deal.

The dealer can get the Mtech pre-painted or primed. The front bumper for example primed, it is about $336 or pre-painted for $560, these are MSRP prices including VAT or german tax. The dealers buy depending on category at 30-80 percent below MSRP, then sell 10-80 percent above MSRP damn dealers....

Ok MSRP for the entire kit is $1120 plus $93 for the spoiler. So $1213. Consider they probably actually buy for 30-80 percent below this figure for that category and you come up with a true cost of the $650 you posted which they still probably get a 10 percent profit plus it boosts their parts sales for the BMW bonus. Then just pay for paint and labor about $900. You could have had them order pre-painted and saved time and money that way. It probably would be like $900 for the kit pre-painted!

They don't GET everything at cost, they were selling everthing at cost to meet yearly bonus numbers on parts sales!

TimeFor said:
I tell you a little secret. We have a close friend in our family who works for BMW. Since they got everything at a reduced price I asked him how much he could get the kit for back in Dec. Dec happened to be there cheep buy month where they get everything at cost.

Front, Sides, Rear M-Tech kit. So thats everything you need to install and what not.... $650 + Tax.

But I changed my mind and I am only getting the front end now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts