BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 325ci with standard stereo. I have the really useful tape player version. The car has the BMW bluetooth kit which is all working fine. I also have the CD changer in the boot... I am looking to replace the stereo for the the business CD version but was wondering what the bluetooth is tied to? Is it a seperate unit behind the stereo that links to it or is it actually IN the stereo? Would i need to get a business CD player for the dash with built in bluetooth? or would a normal one simply work with my bluetooth??

Would the CD changer still work aswell?

Thanks in advance,

Josh

·
Registered
434 Posts
The bluetooth module is in the trunk above the CD changer. It isn't "tied" to the radio in any way except for the fact that it joins the iBus signal and any modern e46 radio you put in it will work fine. The CD changer is also unaffected.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Try to get a 2nd generation CD53 (2004 and later I believe). The 2nd gen units will play .mp3 and .wma files through the CD player. 1st gen units will not. Also, the 2nd gen units will guaranty that the AUX input will work if you buy the add-on cable. Early production CD53 units will accept the AUX input cable, but it will not work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think second gen is 2005 and newer. I have an 04 M3 and it does NOT play mp3s

Sent from my SPH-M900 using BimmerApp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts