BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Just Marinatin'
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The place that put my stereo in cut the wires too short or something and I was wondering if it is possible to get a new one of these set ups. Here is what I am talking about.

Attachments

·
Network Analyst
3,469 Posts
Is that the harness from the car or a harness adapter? If that is from the car I don't think it will be easy to put in a new one.

I guess you could try to splice a new one into the original wires.

I don't have a P/N for that, sorry.

dave

·
yo mama
1,609 Posts
eek! they should have used a wiring adaptor!!! you can solder them on, or solder extensions first so its easier to work with, and then solder them to the car.

·
Just Marinatin'
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well that little black thing

just clips off the back of the stereo. The wires are just too short. I was just thinking that if I could buy a new one with new wires everything would be okay. So what is a wiring adaptor?

·
Network Analyst
3,469 Posts
Re: well that little black thing

mcabr said:
just clips off the back of the stereo. The wires are just too short. I was just thinking that if I could buy a new one with new wires everything would be okay. So what is a wiring adaptor?
Allows you to connect an aftermarket head unit to the stock wiring harness in your car without snipping wires.

dave

·
yo mama
1,609 Posts
yeah the wiring adaptor will connect between your factory harness & your HU harness so that you do not have to cut any wires. looks like it is too late for your factory harness tho.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You CAN install a complete new wireharness from BMW but the part will cost you more than 300 USD and it is a lot of work to install it!!
Better try to reconnect the connector to your harness as mentioned in the previous replies!
Btw which soundsystem was in the car original?

:rolleyes:

·
hammer talks like this
4,206 Posts
damn marco, they things is fcuked up! all for thay japanese radio... hahaha. so thats the part that connects to the back of the oem radio.... gonna have to get from bmw.

·
Just Marinatin'
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah this sucks

I can reconnect it and everything but I just want to make sure that I will be able to connect another stereo when I get my new one without having to buy a whole new harness. Dammit I thought that custom car stereo was good too. Hey Tim I am going to PM you I just went to get my mirrors.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hey tim.. how much are the wire harness? but then.. does the DVD all in one deck have a completely different wiring?

·
hammer talks like this
4,206 Posts
Tdrag97 said:
Hey tim.. how much are the wire harness? but then.. does the DVD all in one deck have a completely different wiring?
the one you willl need is $14. marco needed a stock harness which would have been expensive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts