E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there such a thing here?
just wondering cuz i drove in manual mode but then at a stop light i purposely didnt downshift and it goes to M2 and thats it...i would think it goes to M1? i can keep on driving even after a stop in M2....:dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
149 Posts
if you look at the owners maunal it states clearly and I believe gives good explanation also

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oops i didnt think about the manual...heh just headed straight for here sorry

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
uh ok this isnt in the manual now..so usually in a normal clutch car, as I approach the stop light, i depress teh clutch and brake and shift down to 1st..so since theres no clutch i'd just brake and downshift to M1, but the car gives a wild lunge forward, uhhh whats goin on? so next stop I brake as usual and just downshift to M2..which yielded a better result, there was no lunging...can anyone explain this? am i just tryin to re-live my stick days with something thats impossible? ... =/

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i nkow but normally in a stick car, theres the clutch so it wouldnt lunge..so i assumed in step that when brake is depressed teh auto-equivalent of clutch or watever is also down? i dont know i guess i'll drive in D mode all the time then :(

·
Registered
751 Posts
usually in 'true' automatic cars, it always starts in the 2nd gear, instead of first. I guess it makes the car easier to get going.

I know that the Dinan software allows 323/328's to downshift to 1st gear everytime, but I don't know about the 325/330 stuff. :dunno:

·
Italian driver of German
878 Posts
Nics said:
usually in 'true' automatic cars, it always starts in the 2nd gear, instead of first. I guess it makes the car easier to get going.

I know that the Dinan software allows 323/328's to downshift to 1st gear everytime, but I don't know about the 325/330 stuff. :dunno:
The dinan software doesn't allow the car to downshift itself to M1 with the software... My ci still goes down to M2 if I don't shift down to M1 myself..

·
Registered
39 Posts
I use manual mode all the time when exiting freeways, stopping at lights, etc. I shift down to M2 and only go to M1 when I am either stopped or close to it.

I've tried going all the way down to M1, and the car won't let me do it unless I am under a certain RPM level.

:tsk:

·
Yes...I do think I hate you
1,518 Posts
Dinan tranny soft for 323-328 drop it down to M1, but I think they took that fact off their website...maybe there were too many complaints about how jumpy it was? For the 325-330, it will only drop it to M2. I usually just wait until I'm at a stop to hit it into M1, or if I gotta take off real quick from a slow slow roll if 2nd feels like it's bogging. I never use the kickdown switch on the accelerator pedal anymore.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.