E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'd check out Coby wheel. I've used them twice. I think the wait is fairly long (5 wks) due to demand. He sends you the re-finished steering wheel, you send back yours (core) and will refund you back the core charge if your steering wheel is useable. See the website for details.

Reactions: tcphoto

·
Registered
2005 330i manual transmission performance package
4,052 Posts
Coby does Alcantara only if I remember correctly. For leather options, Dallas Custom Steering Wheel.
I had my steering wheel done by them, excellent job.

Or you can buy pre-fabricated skins on Ebay or Amazon, and stitch to the wheel yourself, but the quality will not be on par with Dallas and Coby.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Coby does Alcantara only if I remember correctly. For leather options, Dallas Custom Steering Wheel.
I had my steering wheel done by them, excellent job.

Or you can buy pre-fabricated skins on Ebay or Amazon, and stitch to the wheel yourself, but the quality will not be on par with Dallas and Coby.
Coby does leather too (for steering wheels anyways). I've only opted for their alcantara offerings though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can second Dallas Custom Steering Wheel. Had a stock steering wheel and shift boot/knob from another mark redone by them in Alcantara and they did a wonderful job. Quick turn around and very high quality work. Looked like it came from the factory that way.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
24,345 Posts
Coby does leather too (for steering wheels anyways). I've only opted for their alcantara offerings though.
good to know he changed. i tried to get him to do leather work long ago and he declined. said he only did Alcantara work.

i used Dallas on my custom Alcantara/perforated leather shifter and work came out good. Dallas however is more expensive than Coby Wheel pricing.

·
Registered
2005 330ci
495 Posts
What did you guys pay to recover your steering wheels? I want to say I asked Dallas how much to recover my Momo steering wheel and it was $450. New steering wheel is half the price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It was right at $400 to have my steering wheel redone in Alcantara by Dallas. You’re right, you can find a new Momo wheel for much less, but in my case I wanted to keep the steering wheel original to the car so I splurged a bit.

·
Registered
2016 M235i 6-spd
25,998 Posts
...and the option I went with...no cover.

Mine had holes after so many miles, I removed it thinking I'd cover it, but found what was underneath (hard, dense black rubber foam) quite good. A little smaller wheel to grip, which I liked. The price...and hour to remove old cover. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts