E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have slight wear on my steering wheel and manual shift know. My interior is black. I am talking slight wear on my steering wheel, however my shifter is quite a bit more noticeable. I was wondering what products and methods can I use to restore these back to their original color or like factory. I have read some people have used shoe polish. Is this acceptable, and if you have what brand did you use. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
761 Posts
shoe polish is only used for scuffs and thats not commonly practiced. you can try going to a local store and getting some lexol cleaner and conditioner, used the cleaner with a toothbrush and scrub away at the shift nob with only slight pressure. same for steering wheel.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If this worked plz let me know my stering wheel also has slight wear and i would like to restore it. The top end of my steering wheel looks like it has lost its polish or clear coat w/e they use on the leather.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.