E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background
Recently picked up a 325ci. Steering was straight and seemed normal but a little heavy and whiney compared to my old 330ci and other 325ci. I completed an interior swap to remove my steering wheel, but now the steering is acting odd. While driving on a flat road, the steering wheel will be initially center and feel centered. As I continue the position needed to place the steering wheel changes in order to keep it straight. It's to the point of 3 o'clock position. It wasn't doing this prior to the swap. There's no slop, but the steering is a little stiffer than my other 325ci and my old 330ci. I can't seem to find anything searching online.

What could I have messed up in the process or not put back properly?

Thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had to remove my interior inc steering wheel and thought my wheel went back dead ahead. However, I had an alignment done not long after this due to tie rod end replacement and although tracked properly it would drift to the left and feel a little odd in the steering. Anyway, long story short I put the wheel back on one spline out and so the rack isn't completely central and hence why it drifts and steering feels odd. Possibly what also broke the PS pump when turning left full lock?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts