BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For manual owners...
Does your car act funny and begin to stall when you turn the steering wheel ALL the way in one direction? It happens to be everytime, when I'm reversing out of a parking space and turn the wheel all the way to one side, the engine just dies on me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yeah, I've noticed this too... I stalled like 5 times in the first 2 months when backing out with the steering wheel fully cranked to one side. :eeps: I suspect it is due to the hydraulic pump of our wonderfully boosted power steering drawing more power from the engine when the steering is fully turned left or right. I've since adapted by consciously giving more gas when doing these types of turns.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My car just did the samething today for the first time. I was reversing the car on a small incline and I turned the steering wheel and it stalled. The check engine light came on also, so I put it in part and re-ignited the engine which then worked perfectly with the check engine light disappearing.

No known fix yet?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts