BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. Im wondering if the stealth bulbs and clear lenses are street legal Because I looked at a truck performance manual and they sell stealth bulbs along with clear lenses and it said in fine print beside the bulb pic and price Use for show and off road only.:wtf: I was also searching for clear tail lights and it said the same thing.I live in florida so is it legal?:hmm:

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to have an amber reflector up front, but 99% of people get away with stealth bulbs and clear lenses.
So what you mean is that I have to put amber colored bulbs up front?:hmm:

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
So what you mean is that I have to put amber colored bulbs up front?:hmm:
Nah, the bulbs will be fine. It has to also have an amber reflector. Hence the ugly thing on coupe bumpers:

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I don't Want to be pulled over because I have a White Reflectors.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Well I don't Want to be pulled over because I have a White Reflectors.
Chances are pretty good that you won't be bothered with OEM clears. A pissy cop pulling you over for speeding after finding out his wife cheated on him might give you a ticket for them, that's about it.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chances are pretty good that you won't be bothered with OEM clears. A pissy cop pulling you over for speeding after finding out his wife cheated on him might give you a ticket for them, that's about it.

Did you get pulled over. Or did you Know anybody who got pulled over by that?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Clears all around will stealth bulbs should be absolutely fine. As long as they blink amber, you should be fine!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts