BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i took my car in on Sat at 830 AM for Inspection 2 and a clutch i was told 5-6 hours by Bobby (if you know him smack him upside the head for me ) and my drivers seat squeaks like a damn parrot and my sunroof cover popped off the track (my buddies dad had the same problem and Brian Jessel fixed it for free and he had no warrenty!) i have the certified protection series crap bumper to bumper warrenty. I get a call saying i cracked my Gilbo he says 120 bux for part no labour since its already out

So Its now 430PM 3 FULL business days later its finally done and ready for pickup I ask why wasnt the gilbo covered under warrenty? hour later ok its covered but u have to pay a $50 deductible so now im getting a little bit upset.

Service desk to pay bill...........The service clerk (Gigi super nice by the way) informs me on my bill ok your sunroof and seat are not fixed......................The sunroof is a $55 part and 1/2 LABOUR AT $130 an hour and the seat is $130 to take out before they can even diagnose where the noise is coming from!!!!!!! Now Bobby pops in saying its not covered under a bumper to bumper warrenty So now im just livid (i can do this at home its just my buddy bought the exact same car private for $5g cheeper i went for a dealership with warrenty my mistake) its under warrenty might as well take advantage of it i paid large for it.

I live out in East Maple Ridge AutoWest is far side of Richmond and in traffic its a HELL of a drive.

By now im so mad i pay the $2100 bill and leave. Clutch doesnt slip little bit stiff but feels pretty good so i drive home in the tail end of rush hour traffic and by the time i get to Maple Ridge every time i throw into 3rd it grinds like when u let the clujtch out and try to ram it into gear.

this is the first time ive had a clutch replaced..........Is this normal i didnt bag on it at all i was in rushhour

End of my story But Im NEVER going back to Autowest

A simple service and clutch now not only cost me large but pissed me off beyond belief. All my friends Im advising away from giving autowest their business also my mom is a finicial advisor at a bank and im going to tell her to advise the same

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
everyone has the sunroof problem...BMW made an update for the sunroof cassette so odds are they fixed it with the update cassette...

but im sorry to hear about yer crappy experience. little things like the seat maybe tackle at home with a knowledgable friend!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can totally do it at home thats not a sweat its just it had to go in for a service and its under warrenty why would i bother to do it? i had a rough experince just letting everyone know.... They did just rebuild the dealership guess they gotta pay for it by screwing the customers. Thats OK im never going back they lost my business and I'm going to try my best to warn every BMW enthuiiast i can

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had a bad experience there too.

I didnt read your whole post, but i did catch the sunroof bit. That is a total rip-off bud. I felt ripped off when i got the tab at Brian Jessel for $15 haha. It took me, (with zero experience, didnt know what i was doing, with crappy tools on the side of the road) 20 minutes to change that tab. And i took my time.

I can understand the dealership, they dont want to waste time with little jobs, but i hate getting ripped off for the simple things like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts