BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there.

I appreciate any help or insight y'all can give me. I have a 2003 325i jet black on black with the factory 16s still on it. I ordered it new back in late 2002 and really like the car. However, I've never figured out what I should do with regard to stance. I really want a clean look with minimal gap between the tire and fender but also don't want it to ride like a bread truck. I really like the zhp wheels and thought about doing a squared setup of those. I'm just not sure if I should do H&R lowering springs or coil overs. My rear shocks are new OEM shocks so I guess that would be lost if I did new shocks all around. Anyway, I'd love to know or see what y'all have done or what you would advise me to do or not to do to get the look I'm going for - minimal gap and clean with a decent ride. Stance is hard for me to describe. When I see one I like I kind of just point and go "that one, that one" like a kid in a toy store.

Thanks!
Brad

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
At 110,000 miles my suspension began to fail so i replaced it with an Eibach Pro-System Kit. I has sports shocks, sports dampers, sports struts and sports springs. It provided a one and a half inch drop all the way around and added excellent stability and handling. Here's the link: http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/...toModel=325i+Sedan&autoYear=2003&autoModClar= Additionally it comes with a 1,000,000 mile warranty. Just my two and a half cents worth...

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
My 00 E46 323i came with the ZSP package therefore I already had sway bars front and rear.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would defiantly suggest getting Rokkor Tuning coilovers, I believe they run about $360. Two big things that I have learned is don't go larger than 18x9.5 in the rear and have a good person roll and pull your fenders. The rear shocks are a bit too soft for how low I want to go so I'm going to buy a set of Bilstein rear shock to make it a little bit stiffer.

I hope this helps...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts