E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I made a stop on the way home at a store. When I went to leave I started my car and right away it stalled. So I tried to start again and it idled really bad and died, tried again and same thing. After making a couple of help calls I opened the hood just to look around, tired to start again, and ran to unplug the MAF just to see. Nothing died again. I pulled out my code reader to see what it said. Lean bank 1 and 2 where already there (ongoing issues, going to order new boots and disa seal anyways), maf sensor and air temp sensor from when I unplugged the MAF. Decided to clear the codes and try again. Started the car idled really bad for maybe 20 seconds, then reved up to about 2000, dropped to idle and seemed fine. Drove home without any issues, drove to work this morning without an issues. No additional codes have come up.

Without any sort of fault code I am lost as to what to even look at as to what could of caused this.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I had a similar issue which turned out to be a faulty cam position sensor. However, I did have a fault code with mine. I had all the same symptoms though. You may want to look into it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts