BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my stacker in my 328i is jammed,

1 cd slot is stuck half way

has this happen to anyone and

Having problems removing it,

any help will be great

thanks

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
Is a "stacker" a cd changer?

If it is, then first see if the dealer will take care of it under warranty. If not, you always have the option of taking it to some place to get fixed for a charge. If you want to try yourself, follow these steps:

1. disconnect all cables. After letting it sit for, say 10 minutes, reconnect power and see if it resets.

2. If step 1 didn't work, and you have some technical abilities, take the unit off the car, remove the cover(s) to allow access to the gears. Try to carefully (no forcing) move gears that control cd loading and see if you can get it out. You might need to move a combinations of gears to do the "proper" sequence.

3. If first 2 steps didn't work, with the unit still disconnected and apart, try to put 12 volts on the motor that controlls loading CDs. If possible, disconnect the motor from the circuit board. WARNING: THERE IS A VERY HIGH CHANCE THAT YOU CAN FRY THE CIRCUIT BOARDS OR DAMAGE SOMETHING, SO ONLY DO STEP 3 AS A LAST RESORT.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts