BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bet there are a thousand threads about these wheels but can someone please tell which ones (iForged, SSR, HRE) are the best and could someone also tell me where all these people are getting the SSR GT3 wheel. Also how does it come with the bmw roundel in the middle of them?

·
Sh!t Happens.
4,614 Posts
SSR are prob the worst rims out of the ones you picked...I think the HRE's are the best...And the SSR GT3's dont come with roundels in the middle because they are aftermarket rims...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Than how does everyone have them with the roundels?
One more thing. Does the SSR come with that fat lip in the back or is that custom?

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
48,236 Posts
of course I would say HREs are the best of the ones you listed only because I have a set. I've gone through 3 sets of rims before my HREs and I'm finally happy with my choice! :woot:

·
48,236 Posts
M3bluewater said:
Than how does everyone have them with the roundels?
One more thing. Does the SSR come with that fat lip in the back or is that custom?
because the bmw roundels look better on the GT3s

since you have a M3 you will be able to get a fat lip in the rear, 4 inches!!!!!! :yikes:

·
Registered
353 Posts
SSR GT3 aint that bad. I went with GT3 because I love the look and I can use the rest of money on other mods.

I never measure the lip on my GT3, but I think it's either 3" or 3.5". 4" is overkilled.

·
48,236 Posts
o really? oops my bad...I know that the Iforged senekas come with a 4 inch lip in the rear for M3s and by the looks of my friend's gt3s it looked the same...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I reallly like the GT3 wheels and I just need to know how much they are if I wanted 19x8.5 front and 19x10 rear, and where I can buy them.

By the way the wheels sizes above will fit an M3 with no body modification right?

·
ouroboros autorotica
1,452 Posts
If you are going to spend that kind of coin on HRE's, you might also want to look at Fikse or Kinesis. (I am partial to Kinesis)

·
(oOO \ (||||)(||||) / OOo)
2,843 Posts
Of Course HRE will be my first love but I settled with the SSR GT3 because of money issue. I don't have enough to buy the HRE's. The BMW roundel came with the wheel when I bought mine. I ordered mine from "thewheelexhange.com" because Tirerack didn't have them on stock at the time.. I went on 19X8.5 all around because I don't want to have some rubbing issue if I go for 19X10" or 19X9.5". Nor do I want to roll the fender either. I have a sedan and I don't have a wide fender at the rear.

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
5,218 Posts
if you are in the market for high priced rims, i say get something like a Radenergie R10's (search for "m3kid"). Those are rare rims, they come with a nice lip, and they are so god damn sexy its unbeleivable.

-mark

·
Sh!t Happens.
4,614 Posts
Dalton said:
if you are in the market for high priced rims, i say get something like a Radenergie R10's (search for "m3kid"). Those are rare rims, they come with a nice lip, and they are so god damn sexy its unbeleivable.

-mark

:werd:

CrazyWill Also bought a set... :drool:

·
Bradolf Pittler
3,098 Posts
There is nothing wrong with any of the wheel manufacturers you've listed. I can tell you that I've had my IForged wheels for 3 years now and they are just as spankin fresh as the first day I got them. Roads in my area are pretty bad and these wheels hold up SOLID.

·
48,236 Posts
Dalton said:

-mark
ooh those r pretty :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont want any high priced rims, just sime nice looking 19s that are high performance, good looking, and moderatly priced, like the gt3's. Anything is better than the OEM 18's. BUT I WANT TO MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE. Just because I have an M3 doesnt mean I can throw around money to go through multiple sets of wheels.
Thank you so far for the great advice!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I still love my GT3. If you are getting 19" wheel with 245 and 275 tires, please add coilover into your budget. Stock height will ruin any kind of wheels.

·
Registered
880 Posts
M3bluewater said:
I dont want any high priced rims, just sime nice looking 19s that are high performance, good looking, and moderatly priced, like the gt3's. Anything is better than the OEM 18's. BUT I WANT TO MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE. Just because I have an M3 doesnt mean I can throw around money to go through multiple sets of wheels.
Thank you so far for the great advice!
That kocks off HRE and iForged. I guess SSR's will be your best bet. I've seen many people bend the GT3's so I'd be careful

1 - 20 of 26 Posts