BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm debating wether or not to get just full coilover system from bilstein or just HR springs and Bilstein Shocks. What do you guys recommend?

And if i go for the HR Springs, should i get race or sport?
I'm planning on getting 18s and i live in Cali, so quite a few bumps on the road.

One more questions. What is a good tire size i should get for the front and the back

Thanks!

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
coils are more flexable

but if you live in warm climate you could get away with springs and shocks.
bobm3

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,922 Posts
people on here tend to go with H&R, Eibach, UUC......
run a search, you'll find good reading that will help in your decision.
:thumbup:

·
First 19" ZHP
1,463 Posts
you should run H&R race springs since your getting 18s but if you want 19s get sport springs clean drop and not a harsh ride

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,378 Posts
If you decide to go with springs, buying a cupkit takes most of the guesswork out of it. You get the necessary springs, shocks and struts with the cupkit to avoid worries with damage to your OEM shocks/struts. Everything is included and designed to work together. These are usually pretty affordable, too, compared to coilover kits...usually $500-$600 before installation.

A coilover kit offers much greater flexibility and ease of use if your car is a daily driven street car, but the cupkit will generally match the performance.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I tried the Eibach pro-kit (too bumpy and hard) then I changed to the H&R sports (not too low and still bumpy) by now I knew I needed to change my shocks like everyone else advised :banghead: but not. There are somepeople that have not change their shocks and seem happy. Myself, the ride was getting too bumpy and noticed the shocks were not able to handle aggressive turns...so I decided to spend my piggy savings ;) and bought the PSS9s. The reason why.. because I can adjust the bounce:D :D . I played with it and finally I'm happy with my set up.

Jsut my 2 cents:thumbup:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ground Control or TC Kline Coilovers. You should not change your springs with changing shocks. The GC coilover kit actually increases the travel distance unlike H&R and Bilstein and you can't go wrong with adjustable Konis. Other than JRZ and Moton (which are really for race applications) Konis are best.

·
Banned
4,174 Posts
HR race lowers the front more than the back. If you like that look then go for it, but i'd rather go with the cupkit, it lowers the car a bit more evenly.

·
Registered
747 Posts
A lot of people have posted this including myself but I am happy with my springs. Most will say if you have the money go for Coil overs. I have the stock sport shocks and I'm running Eibach Pro Kit. They look good with my 19s no tucking unless you have peeps in the back. My ride is also nice and smooth. I get compliments from shorteez and guys alike saying that the ride isn't harsh at all and the improved handling is also a big plus.

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
My God, if I see another "What springs should i get? " thread Im gonna shoot myself!!!

ok, i think youll be fine with regular springs unless you really need to adjust your coils often... Id say go with H&R race one cuz its more aggressive and lower, and two cuz i have it... hahaha just playin... seriously tho, the rides good and the drop is perfect IMO... I think youll be good with a spring shock combo although im on stock shocks and havent had any problems with them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts