E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 330ci with sport package. My problem is I have a heavy subwoofer box in the back and along with the spare tire the car sits low in the back compared to the front. If I get springs I don't want to back to be to low. I know some of you think there is no such thing as too low but I do. And ideas of what can be done?

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
you shouldnt be that bad, if your gonna drop your car drop it, the sports package isnt that much diffrence from the eibach prokit springs but they would be your best bet unless you got the money for coilovers and then you can adjust the height whenever you want..

·
booo for body roll.
3,105 Posts
i think the way bmw's were designed had them sitting lower in the back. but abnyway, u should look into a h&r sport spring set up, but IMO it doesn't look dropped at all. eibach is another choice.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys are missing the question

I definitely want the front dropped! I just don't want the back to be un proportional to the front since the subwoofers are already making it sit low. Basically my concern is after I put on spring the back will be to low while the front will be perfect

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,661 Posts
hi take out the spare tire

the m3 don't have a spare. they have a can that you put into tire that is flat. but if you get rid of tire you would save some weight.
then join the road service or the aaa if you get stuck.
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
I also have a heavy box in the trunk and my spare in there too.... no need to worry, H&R sport is less of a drop in the rear (.75 i believe?) heres a pic

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts