E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bawling: I INSTALLED THE SPP 55W 9006 YELLOW ION IN MY COUPE FOGS YESTERDAY.
FIRST, SORRY I HAVE NO PICS, I JUST WANTED TO GIVE A SHORT TERM OPINION, SO HOPEFULLY I CAN HELP SOME PEOPLE MAKE A CHOICE.

I WENT WITH THE SPP, BECUASE LOTS OF FANATICS HAD GOOD THINGS TO SAY. :str8pimpi

THE BULB GLASS,IS A LIGHTLY TINTED YELLOW,NOT DARK ALMOST LOOKS CLEAR :bawling: :str8pimpi

INSTALLED
THE BULBS ARE NOT VERY YELLOW, WHEN ON, THEY PRODUCE MORE YELLOW LIGHT ON THE ROAD ,THAN WHAT THE ACTUAL FOG LIGHT WILL LOOK LIKE
IF YOU LOOK AT THE CAR HEAD ON WITH THE FOGS ON YOU CAN ALMOST SEE A BLUISH PURPLE AT SOME AREAS OF THE REFLECTOR
IT DEPENDS ON THE ANGLE WHERE YOU LOOK AT THE FOGS, BUT YOU CAN SEE A SMALL AREAS OF BLUISH LIGHT/MIXED WITH THE YELLOW,ITS A COOL EFFECT. HARD TO EXPLAIN THOUGH.

ALSO IF YOU LOOK ON THE GOUND YOU CAN SEE A SORT OF PRISIM EFFECT OF LIGHTING. A HINT OF BLUE CAN BE SEEN ON THE GROUND NEAR THE FOGS.

MAYBE THATS WHAT THE ION MEANS, IM NOT SURE,

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THAT LEXUS IS300 YELLOW FOG LOOK, YOUR NOT GONNA GET IT WITH THESE BULBS.

OVERALL THEY GIVE A SHARP LOOK, AND DONT HAVE ANY LOOS IN LIGHT OUTPUT LIKE A BLUE BULB.

THERE ARE NOT MANY YELLOW 9006 BULBS OUT THERE, THE POLARG, AND PIAA BULBS WERE OVER 70 BUCKS, SO THE SPP WERE A GOOD DEAL.

ILL POST A LONG TERM UPDATE IN A FEW MONTHS.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT KIND OF BULB THE IS300 HAS FOR THE FOGS, IT IS A NICE YELLOW.?? : :dunno:

·
Protect Me From What I Want
1,220 Posts
IS300s have projector fog lights, hard to duplicate that effect.

The only way you can achieve that is to go with aftermarket/custom projector lights and put 3000k HID bulbs in there. It will be as yellow/gold as it gets

·
Registered
111 Posts
pbotz said:
:bawling: I INSTALLED THE SPP 55W 9006 YELLOW ION IN MY COUPE FOGS YESTERDAY.
FIRST, SORRY I HAVE NO PICS, I JUST WANTED TO GIVE A SHORT TERM OPINION, SO HOPEFULLY I CAN HELP SOME PEOPLE MAKE A CHOICE.

I WENT WITH THE SPP, BECUASE LOTS OF FANATICS HAD GOOD THINGS TO SAY. :str8pimpi

THE BULB GLASS,IS A LIGHTLY TINTED YELLOW,NOT DARK ALMOST LOOKS CLEAR :bawling: :str8pimpi

INSTALLED
THE BULBS ARE NOT VERY YELLOW, WHEN ON, THEY PRODUCE MORE YELLOW LIGHT ON THE ROAD ,THAN WHAT THE ACTUAL FOG LIGHT WILL LOOK LIKE
IF YOU LOOK AT THE CAR HEAD ON WITH THE FOGS ON YOU CAN ALMOST SEE A BLUISH PURPLE AT SOME AREAS OF THE REFLECTOR
IT DEPENDS ON THE ANGLE WHERE YOU LOOK AT THE FOGS, BUT YOU CAN SEE A SMALL AREAS OF BLUISH LIGHT/MIXED WITH THE YELLOW,ITS A COOL EFFECT. HARD TO EXPLAIN THOUGH.

ALSO IF YOU LOOK ON THE GOUND YOU CAN SEE A SORT OF PRISIM EFFECT OF LIGHTING. A HINT OF BLUE CAN BE SEEN ON THE GROUND NEAR THE FOGS.

MAYBE THATS WHAT THE ION MEANS, IM NOT SURE,

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THAT LEXUS IS300 YELLOW FOG LOOK, YOUR NOT GONNA GET IT WITH THESE BULBS.

OVERALL THEY GIVE A SHARP LOOK, AND DONT HAVE ANY LOOS IN LIGHT OUTPUT LIKE A BLUE BULB.

THERE ARE NOT MANY YELLOW 9006 BULBS OUT THERE, THE POLARG, AND PIAA BULBS WERE OVER 70 BUCKS, SO THE SPP WERE A GOOD DEAL.

ILL POST A LONG TERM UPDATE IN A FEW MONTHS.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT KIND OF BULB THE IS300 HAS FOR THE FOGS, IT IS A NICE YELLOW.?? : :dunno:
Had you just tried getting some 3M Yellow Film and overlaying it over your fog lenses. It'll emit a nice yellow almost like the lexus fogs..

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,326 Posts
Capslock.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Installed AdvancedOptic Yellow Ion today with same effect.
Anyone tried any other yellow ion bulb without blue effect and not using 3000K HID's

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nico3k said:
lol everyone use wireless keyboard these days, who still used wires ? haha

·
name's PHIL
6,061 Posts
me thinks the 3000K for the fogs will give the yellowist lexus IS effect.........waiting for pics from Jlevi

·
Registered
503 Posts
how much and where? thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts