E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone give an honest evaluation comparing spp superwhites to sylvania silverstars? i recently put in silverstars on my low beams.. the good news is that i haven't noticed any reduction in light output from stock bulbs.. the bad news is that i didn't notice much difference in "whiteness" over stock.. i've seen pictures of spp superwhites.. those definately look nicer but how is the light output compared to stock or even silerstars? i did a search and some say they have the same output as stock while others say that there was a big reduction in illumination since installing the spp's.. any opinions? thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
chiroppa said:
can anyone give an honest evaluation comparing spp superwhites to sylvania silverstars? i recently put in silverstars on my low beams.. the good news is that i haven't noticed any reduction in light output from stock bulbs.. the bad news is that i didn't notice much difference in "whiteness" over stock.. i've seen pictures of spp superwhites.. those definately look nicer but how is the light output compared to stock or even silerstars? i did a search and some say they have the same output as stock while others say that there was a big reduction in illumination since installing the spp's.. any opinions? thanks
I would definately reccommend Hoen xenonmatch (55w/factory watttage) or Hoen Titanium (70w). My 330i.com did a review and found them to be of the highest quality, just a little better than spp. I have them and wouldny buy another bulb. They are close to 4300k in color and are fairly bright.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have Spp whites. Yeah they are a little dimmer then stock. But the give out a nice xeon blue/whitish look.

Zhp where did you buy the HEON bulbs. i'd like to try em out.

ZHP said:
I would definately reccommend Hoen xenonmatch (55w/factory watttage) or Hoen Titanium (70w). My 330i.com did a review and found them to be of the highest quality, just a little better than spp. I have them and wouldny buy another bulb. They are close to 4300k in color and are fairly bright.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.