E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it pottentially dangerous to put Supreme Power Parts 80 watt H7 bulbs and 9006 bulbs in your headlights and foglights? I currently have sylvania silverstars but want something more powerful and heard these were good. Do I run any risks of shortages or fires or what not? Has anyone used these?

·
Registered
413 Posts
They have choices on the website whether you want 55w or 80w. I used to have them on all my lights (low beams, high beams, and fog lights). Worked good for the look from the outside, but horrible for visibility, a lot more dim than i expected, especially in the rain!

·
Registered
27,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would you say Sylvania Silverstar (what I currently have on my H7's and 9006's) are better or at least comparable to the point that it is not worth returning my Silverstars and getting the SPP's?

·
Registered
27,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I never hear about these meets... what do you guys do?

·
ILCUTAWOOTIE
3,410 Posts
silverstars are garbage, ill tell u that right now...u want xenon white look, u go spp or Piaa.

At most meets u just get together with a bunch of car enthusiasts and talk about anything u want from cars to fishing (i dont know?). Most importantly about meets is lookin at other cars and giving u an idea of what u like and dont like. Meets can be a lot of fun, esp if u barbQ
-ALex

·
Registered
27,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm gonna order the SPPs. Only part that sucks is that I will have to take out the Silverstars that I spent an hour yesterday installling to return them to AAP, run on my stock ones for a week, than put in the SPPs.

·
Registered
27,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm so excited, I just got off the phone with Dick from SPP and I put an order through for 80W Super white bulbs for my H7 headlights and my 9006 fog lights. I talked to him for about 15 minutes regarding burning things due to the higher watts but he said he has never seen a problem in a BMW with these bulbs. I'm gonna take back the silverstars as soon as I get these next week.

·
Registered
676 Posts
can i come to the meet.. the only problem is that i'm in Jersey, so i might arrive late ;-) people around Union County are not as enthusiast anymore.. it's probably because of the winter..

are the SPP really white or bluish/white?? for 30 bucks can't go wrong i guess..

·
Registered
27,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What would you think of puting jlevis remote kit halos around SPP 80w super whites with super white fogs too?

·
Registered
27,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm going with SPP because they are about half the price, viewed in identical lights in terms of usability, quality, and prestige, and because of this, the most important reason: To get the "higher quality" PIAA bulbs that give off a "xenon look" (such as the 7500K plasma blue buls), you have to ordrer them as a Jap. import, (they do not sell them in the U.S). For this reason, you have to buy them from a sketchy vendor (off ebay or some "jap import" online website). I would stick with SPP (which HEY is what I'm doing :) ). I'll post pics as soon as I get mine on so you have an idea.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Jdm

Hey, in your sig it says JDM front clears.

What does that mean?

Doesn't JDM mean Japan Domestic Market? Basically OEM parts from Japan that are only sold in Japan.

·
Registered
27,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can't wait for mine they should look HOT!!!!

·
Registered
27,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So my 80W Hyper White SPP lights should be coming in today... my question, am I really risking anything by puting them in? The guy at SPP said he has had over 500 BMW owners buy these and put them in their cars and never had a complaint. On the other hand, he has had about 20 Audi owners put them in and in 50% of the cases people called in to complain. Is it possible that BMW puts in wiring capable of handling the 80W? Do you thin kI run any real risks puting these in?

·
Registered
27,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What do you guys think??? Any real risk?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts