E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

The car I have doesn't have the sports package. Don't ask me why someone didn't spring for a $600 dollar options when they are buying a $35k+ car.

How much do you think it would cost to upgrade the seats to the sports seats. And is it even possible? I realize it probably will be too much $$$ to make it worth while but I'd like to know.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I'd suggest getting a set of Recaro's, Sparco's, Momo's...what have you...they will be way cooler, lighter, and different! And much cheaper! You can get adjustable/sliding ones too!

But thats just me!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
There really isn't much of a different between the sport and standard seats. I have the sport seats and never use the adjustable thigh support or whatever it is. No idea on how much it would cost though.

·
Registered
215 Posts
TheDream21479 said:
I'd suggest getting a set of Recaro's, Sparco's, Momo's...what have you...they will be way cooler, lighter, and different! And much cheaper! You can get adjustable/sliding ones too!

But thats just me!
:werd:

i like recaro

·
Registered
248 Posts
if u go to yoru dealer and ask for sport seat it will cost u more then $2500 for the 2 front seat

and that is not including installign too so if u realy want to get new seats try junk yard they might have some Sport seat or M3 seat around or get after market racing seat

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys,

I figured it would cost a lot of $$$. I don't have that big of a problem which the current seat. Just was a thought that popped into my head.

Since I don't race I dont' think I need an aftermarket seat. Althought I understand the reasons for getting them. If I did any kind of racing I'd get one. I still might get an aftermarket if these go to hell or soemthing. heh :D

·
Der Meisterstück
2,399 Posts
RECARO. definitely. Custom looks with performance. Of course not the race seats unless youre thinking about putting your car on the track.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went to the Recaro website. Yeah, very nice. Daddy Like!!! :thumbup:

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,669 Posts
Other option you can go with is to try to find someone in your area with sport seats willing to swap with you. You might have to pay them some $$$ on top of the trade but it is a workable option. Just make sure you swap seats that have the same features as yours...ie power/heat.

I've been looking for someone to swap me powered non-heated sports seats for awhile here in the Oklahoma area for awhile. So far no luck :sad:

If I could find a salvage yard with an e46 M3 I'd be all over those seats in a heartbeat :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts