BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
sorry for being rude, but there is great function of this forum called :search:.
you will get the answer to your question instantly.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
:blah: Wuz up, Sports Packaged bimmer's have upgraded wheels, three spoke steering wheels as well as sports suspensions. Mine additionally has an areodynamics kit on it. My wheels were upgraded from 15" to 16". Just my two and a half cents worth. Happy Motoring...
:woot:

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
:search:

clears all around is also an indication...
No, not on all E46's.

If you have a 3 spoke steering wheel, then you have sport package.

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
Not all the time, steering wheels can be swaped very easyily.
What are the odds of finding a seller who only swapped a steering wheel, if even that? Chances are if he/she would swap the steering wheel, they would swap other things as well for sport package.

Oh, I was assuming he had a sedan but now that I look at his info, I realize it's a coupe. Thats why I mentioned the steering wheel.

·
Are we there yet??
6,803 Posts
i thought all coupes his year would have the clears all around... am i wrong? :hmm:
You are correct, but i think the other poster was talking in generalities, since the early E46 coupes did not have clears with the Sport package. I think it was 02 that started clears with the ZSP but it could be 01 not 100% sure.

The easiest way to tell is the seats that is the only thing that most people never swap out.

If you look at the pic below you will see thicker side bolsters and the from has a pull out leg support the non sport has neither.

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
What are the odds of finding a seller who only swapped a steering wheel, if even that? Chances are if he/she would swap the steering wheel, they would swap other things as well for sport package.

Oh, I was assuming he had a sedan but now that I look at his info, I realize it's a coupe. Thats why I mentioned the steering wheel.
No sh*t Sherlock. I just mentioned the steering wheel because of the post in front of me said.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Sport seats, steering wheel, sport rims, suspension things to look for in the sports package.

The sports seats/wheel are usually the easiest/quickest way. Staszek posted a pic

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
2002 Sport Package...

came with Clear lenses 17x8.0 Star Spoke alloy wheels (Styling 44), with 225/45ZR-17 performance tires and 12 way adjustable Sport seats. This is all that came with the package, everything else was standard equipment. :)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
came with Clear lenses 17x8.0 Star Spoke alloy wheels (Styling 44), with 225/45ZR-17 performance tires and 12 way adjustable Sport seats. This is all that came with the package, everything else was standard equipment. :)
even sedans came with clears?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts