BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
what do u mean i wanna know bout this cuz i was wit my friend and his m3 and it seemed like when he pushed the sport button and turned it on it gives u like a little boost of rpms its soo sick so ya id want this one a normal e46 3series as well haah:confused:

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I wonder if the sport button connects to some signal override to the ECU

I think it's worth investigating. Is it only the M3, Z4 and new 330 performance that has the sport button?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
anyone have the part number for the sport button?
are you talking about the pedal on the right?

·
Banned
2,186 Posts
I think the button you want is from a 01+ M3 and the 01+ models use a switch panel which is a one-piece panel with different buttons on it. Therefore, you can't just buy that one button you want. But on your 323Ci you most likely have what I do... single button design. So basically you're outa luck.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Here's the best button to have...

Now if only we could get it to function like it should on our cars!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Maybe someone with a later ETK than me can look it up.

I found the button on the ETK for the M3 but it says it is not installed on the model selected. Can someone with a later ETK look up the button and what it is attached to. Do a search for "Various Switches" It's like number 14 or something.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts