E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
sedan or coupe> that is important to know

I have 19x10 et45 and with rolled 1/4s and mildly lowered I get a little rub both inner wheel arch and outer. This is on my sedan

·
Registered
236 Posts
willtheyfit.com allows you to get a diagram that shows you the difference

essentially you will always have ET (positive offset wheels) very few cars use negative offset so I wont bother explaining it (though its just a mirror of what I will explain)

When comparing 2 wheels of the SAME WIDTH the one with the lower ET (positive offset) will stick further out towards the fender. Offset is one of those things people don't seem to read up about, but makes the biggest difference to the look of the wheel on a car.

18x10 et25 will poke out 19mm more then a 18x10 et43. Im not even that low and I struggle to see how that's going to go without reasonable camber. I run -2.5degree to fit my wheels.

Good luck guy. Id suggest if you get the wheels anyway, that you give them to the shop doing the rolling so they know how far they need to go. Believe it or not some people just get them rolled thinking rolled is rolled and find the wheels still rub later.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.