BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You ever feel like the pig is just out to get you for your car.
I was doing 60 in a 55. bs bs bs

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
that is some crap, Ive never been pulled over for less then going 10mph over....I was doing 90 in a 55 in ft laud and I told him I didnt have my insurance card cause it was back at home in MD and he said just slow down and let me go I was so lucky...but the worst was I got followed for a mile like every turn I made then he cut me off so I got really annoyed and when the road got to one lane again I cut him off and got a reckless driving ticket, but it was worth it cause he never showed up to court and I got to see him ticked off!

·
Registered
251 Posts
here in FL.. i dont think they can legally give u a ticket for 5 and under ...only a warning.. cops got alot better things to do then write tickets :thumbdwn:

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,833 Posts
Once a cop almost tried to change lanes into me. I was kinda in his blind spot and he wasnt paying attention. I got to flip him off and he shrugged in apology :lmao:

·
The De46vil's Army
16,261 Posts
here in CA i believe there is a 7.5mph grace.
its better to keep your eyes on the road rather than on the speedometer.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I think the 5 mph over grace is pretty common, but I have seen people get tickets in some of the school areas for 4mph over around here! It's hard for me to go less than 5mph on normal streets and I usually go 10 over on the freeway without much hassle (at least!)

A friend of mine is a cop and he doesn't give tickets to people unless they are going 12 over or more. But then again, if he spent the whole day screwing off and had to give a bunch of tickets to meet his daily quota, he might give you a ticket for just about anything! Just be careful out there guys!

·
Registered
181 Posts
i break checked a cop about four times while he was following me for like 2 miles, one time he over compensated and almost stopped into the car behind him... f'ing pig

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just had a written warning saturday for doing 105kph in a 50kph zone (just before a 90kph sign). I was so lucky.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Bimmer150 said:
You ever feel like the pig is just out to get you for your car.
I was doing 60 in a 55. bs bs bs
\

You admit you were speeding and then get pissed of for being pulled over? Stupid.....

·
mY Name Is aMiLioooooooO
2,068 Posts
naw its legally allowed to drive up to 60 mph in a street zone in california...read the books its in there...if your ticket states that the traffic is clear and the weather is perfect you're allowed to travel at a maximum of 60 MPH thats why theres a grace and its okie and legal to drive 40 in a 35 MPH zone or even more you may get a ticket but the judge will dismiss it when you tell him it was @ 4 am nobody was tehre the traffic was clear the sky was clear and i was going 55 in a 35 ...three cops told me this and its in the codebook :thumpup: kinda offsubject but i thought you people should knwo why theres a grace milage!

·
'a certain moderator'
36,749 Posts
take them to court, and say come on, this could be chalked up to speedometer error on my part, or the calibration of the radar device... getting a ticket for 5 over is BS of the worst kind, i u might get the ticket thrown out, or the points taken off... good luck

-brendan

1 - 20 of 22 Posts