E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Just wondering the mounting sizes for the front doors and parcel tray
Thinking of buying KICKER DS650.2 6-1/2" DS-SERIES 2 WAY COMPONENT SPEAKERS for both areas. Will they fit without mods?

cheers

·
Registered
414 Posts

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
not answering the question either, but a word of advice........you DONT need components in the rear. if i had my time (and money) over again id spend double on my front speakers (which is what the driver hears anyway), leave my rears OEM & powered off the deck, have the fronts powered off a 2-ch good quality amp and the sub powered off its mono block.

you can spend the same amount, have better quality stuff and make better sound

·
Registered
217 Posts
I agree with Aaron, In my old E36 coupe, I spent a decent amount of coin on Focal speakers, and while the fronts were sensational, the rear still sounded very muffled, I think it's the car's fault rather than the speaker, it must have too much unnecessary materials in the back or it's not sound proofed well, not too sure...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeh cheers for the advice, i got em really cheap so just bought them anyway.
Im gunna run them all off a 4 ch amp and the subs off a mono. I might cram some sound proffing around the speaker mounts in the parcel tray to eliminate muffle or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts