E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I bought myself a pair of 6.5-6/3.4 JBL speakers for the front doors.
Tried to install them yesterday with no luck.

They do fit fine in the door, however, the different housings they came with don't line up with the the holes to screw them down with.

Does anyone know where I can buy some brackets I can fit my speakers in and have them line up fine?

I need something for my tweeter's aswell which sits up at the door handle.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
youll need to make your own baffles for the speakers to sit in. pm me ur email, ill send you the pics of my install. i didnt install it myself so all i can offer is pics.

with the baffle, make sure u seal the front of the speakers with a gasket, and theres enough room for the speakers excursion to not hit the speaker grill. and deffs sound deaden the inner and outer skin of your door. alternatively, take it to marty @ FHRX in caringbah. they just finished my car. if you wanna see the quality of there work id be more than happy to show u my install.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
this entire year has revolved around my system build, so i say this with endless hours of research...................doesnt matter what speakers you buy, unless you get a processor to control them, nothings going to sound as it should in the car environment. my point is, buy a good set of 2-way splits for $500 or so, and buy an audison bit one DSP for $1000 to keep them in check. get them installed properly, and it will without a doubt sound better than a set of $1500 components.

that being said, i purchased soundstream RF-60c 180rms speakers (admittedly before i knew anything about car audi). hated them, they sounded like rubbish. theyre too bright and hurt your ear. instead of changing them, i bought the bit one. the sound like completely different speakers. absolutely LOVE the way they sound now.................

long story short, stick to morel, crescendo, diamond audio, focal for your components, and get a reputable audio shop to install PROPERLY. coz install is more important than the equipment itself

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.