BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 325i and I decided to install new speakers a few months ago. I went with the infinity 6032ci speakers because I saw that they were recommended multiple times as I was researching online. I bought brackets off of crutchfield.com and the speakers fit pretty well. I dont know why but the speaker on the drivers side door keeps rattling. I thought that maybe I didn't tighten it enough because I thought I remembered tightening the speaker on the passenger side a little bit more. I tightened it, but the rattling came back after a couple weeks. Can anyone give me suggestions on how to get a flawless sound without any ugly rattling?

·
Registered
10,678 Posts
The best thing is to "dent" the metal of the door where the speaker magnet hits. Does the door card (the interior panel of the door) fit properly? Do all the white plastic "rivets" fit completely into the holes? If yes, then you'll probably need to give the speaker magnets just a couple of mm of room. It should be pretty easy to determine where the magnets are hitting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts