BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently installed my Alpine 7894 head unit and it sounds great (thanks to everyone here when I had a question).

anyway, I am also planning on changing speakers in the car...
I have a 323ci with non HK... question is, should I go for coaxials or components? do I have to change both front and rear speakers? and if only changing the front, what size (5.25 or 6.5) should I go for? and lastly, what type of speakers are good?

I am kinda on a budget here, and therefore do not want to spend more than $200 on a set of speakers and I am going to power it with the alpine head unit initially.

I already have a Alpine MRV100M and JL10W3 in my truck...

Thanks alot for any advices!

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
2,067 Posts
try looking at crystal mobilesound and their comps, i never personally heard them myself, but read so many good reviews about them being that they are fairly cheap and sound well for the money. you can get a very nice set for that amount of cash..shop around:thumbup:

edit: oh and i would suggest using an external to amp to power some comps:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would get some Focal's Polyflex 5.25" componets for the front. I have compared the Polyflex and the new Access line. I liked the sound of the Polyflex better but the new access has better mid bass. Try to get them fast because Focal discontinued the Polyflex line so it's on sale!

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
2,067 Posts
anyone know if the 165k will fit in the sedan without modification?? someones gotta know..:banghead:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't know but my installer told me it can't be done. I have 5.25 in the front door. Even the 5.25 needs modding your door panel in order to make them fit

·
Registered
181 Posts
I just got the 7893 Alpine CD/MP3 unit. these alpine units are good !!! I have a 323i SE 4dr in the UK. I am soon to upgrade my speakers, and I will suggest going for the a/d/s 345is components, expensive, but worth it. If you really are on a budget, try DLS speakers, either the B5 (really cheep) or the better R5 since they have external cross overs, they are smooth sounding, almost as smooth as the a/d/s speakers. The a/d/s need an amp to sound their best, but the DLS will be fine from the head unit, but still better with an amp.

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
2,067 Posts
Tesh323 said:
I just got the 7893 Alpine CD/MP3 unit. these alpine units are good !!! I have a 323i SE 4dr in the UK. I am soon to upgrade my speakers, and I will suggest going for the a/d/s 345is components, expensive, but worth it. If you really are on a budget, try DLS speakers, either the B5 (really cheep) or the better R5 since they have external cross overs, they are smooth sounding, almost as smooth as the a/d/s speakers. The a/d/s need an amp to sound their best, but the DLS will be fine from the head unit, but still better with an amp.
the 345is comes are 5.25 woofers correct? do they fit w/o modification in the front doors of a sedan? most importantly do they fit stealth?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts