E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
One more quick question!
Should I use BOSCH 4+ for 2002 e46 325i?? cuz i'm not sure which one i should use... or BOSCH 2+? i dunno.... lol~

thx guys!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply...

I searched and found the link before, but my question is what size "spark plug removal tool" should I use?

I believe there are different sizes.

Thanks.

Edit: i mean what size "spark plug socket" ???

·
Mom says I'm a catch
4,754 Posts
crossfire190 said:
I searched and found the link before, but my question is what size "spark plug removal tool" should I use?

I believe there are different sizes.

Thanks.

Edit: i mean what size "spark plug socket" ???
I believe it's a 5/8 hex socket, not sure but I can double check with the Bentley manual tonight when I get home.

·
Mom says I'm a catch
4,754 Posts
Well, checked the Bentley manual and it doesn't say what size hex socket is needed. Trial and error, is your friend now...

good luck
Alex

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for looking into that for me...

I guess I will wait until the plugs arrive and then go get the correct plug socket.

I have approx. 60,000 miles on the car - it is a 1999 - and I have noticed some hesitation .... so I figured I would change the plugs...

·
Mom says I'm a catch
4,754 Posts
crossfire190 said:
I guess I will wait until the plugs arrive and then go get the correct plug socket.

I have approx. 60,000 miles on the car - it is a 1999 - and I have noticed some hesitation .... so I figured I would change the plugs...
NP, let us know what size socket that is.

Alex

·
Registered
648 Posts
5/8" socket.

There are basically two sizes available, 13/16" and 5/8".

BTW, wouldn't the part store that you will be buy the spark plug socket have the spark plug too?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ordered the plugs...

from clubplug.net - ngk's - the local parts stores do not stock the plugs for the e46 - go figure.

Edit: Thanks for your reply - I will pick up the 5/8's on the way home so I can change the plugs when they arrive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts