BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've done some serious searching but can't find an answer to the following question:

Should I be replacing my spark plug connectors every X miles? or do they just need to be replaced if I am having a misfire or other issue? I've found mileage charts for the plugs and boots but nothing for the connectors.

My mileage is about 90k and they have never been replaced. I replaced the spark plugs at 60k but not the boots or connectors.

These are the only connectors I could find online (but in another thread somebody mentioned that these were recalled) if anyone knows where I can find the Bosch connectors, it would be much appreciated.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin...r from Coil to Spark Plug (sold individually)

Thank you very much in advance.

·
Banned
2,200 Posts
no need to replace your ignition coils and ignition boots unless it is giving you problems. just replace your spark plugs as normal

·
Registered
673 Posts
Im about to to a plug change and am going to be replacing these connector boots as well due to the fact I dont want to have to open up everything again for a couple of years at least. Its cheap insurance.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
My routine is plugs at 60-70K, plugs and connectors at 120-140K. Probably could get away with going more miles and running until you have an issue. But, this is one maintenance thing I do before a problem comes up. On the other hand, my OE expansion tank is at 164K! Go figure.

·
Registered
135 Posts
For example: if your changing your plugs at let's say every 50,000 miles then you would change the connectors at a 100,000 mile interval. The plugs most certainly don't need that much of a change interval as the sparks would do but like other members have already stated, it's just cheap insurance. Up to you really..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the responses. I think I'm going to hold off on replacing the connectors for now.

Thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts