BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I decided to change my spark plugs so I looked over the DIY and found some great instructions and thank you for posting that.

However, I have a M56 engine and I believe that the last (6th) spark plug if farther back in the engine bay than a M54 engine.

My question is, how in the heck do you change THAT spark plug? Any ideas, tips?

I changed the other 5 and I notice an incrediable difference when the car is in idle...so much smooter...I recommend everyone do it!

Thank in advance for your ideas and suggestions!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked into taking off the cabin air filter....does anyone have pics of where the bolts are?....I was afried to take it off...novice DIYer...

Thanks for the suggestions...

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Take out your cabin filter (at the top of engine bay, three little knobs you twist with your hand, remove the cover and pull out the filter) and they are behind it against the firewall.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks wrathchold819...I will check on it during lunch!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Take out your cabin filter (at the top of engine bay, three little knobs you twist with your hand, remove the cover and pull out the filter) and they are behind it against the firewall.

It is a lot easier if you put the engine beauti cover back before installing the cabin air stuff. How did you remove the engine cover without the cabin air off? you had to yank it very hard.

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
pull the engine cover and the cabin filter. its kind of a pain, but more just tedious. just dont drop anything or you will have a hell of a time getting it back

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
too late...already dropped the a bolt to connect my stress bar...I think I heard it fall out somewhere on I-95...lol....easy replacement....thanks for the info...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts