BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 330xi and i change my wheel with a spare tire on my car....i realize that my spare tire is not the same as the wheel i got on my car....damn...

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
getchellad said:
that sucks.... mine is....
what the hell??? i live in canada...
one of my 330xi friend don't have the same size rims too...stuipd...they have those black small rims for the car ...:banghead:

·
needs a proper photoshoot..
687 Posts
damn that sucks...at least mine came with a full size spare...maybe u should check with the dealer u got ur car from...ask them wuts up with that....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Depending on year (and country, I suppose) full size spare is included in different packages. The premium package for 01 includes full size spare for 325 sedan. My premium sport came with the same tire and wheel as my sport package wheels. If you got no premium package or didn't order the full size spare separately, the 01 US 325 sedan would not have come with one.

·
Registered
133 Posts
SkinEgg said:
i have a 330xi and i change my wheel with a spare tire on my car....i realize that my spare tire is not the same as the wheel i got on my car....damn...
i dont know what year your car is, but i have an 03 330xi.
i was told at delivery that the spare is not full size due to the space in the trunk.
if you put a full size tire back there - the floor would not be *flat*.
the tire would stick up...

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I have a 325i with sport package 225/45/17 tires and I have a FULL size mounted on the sport package wheel.
It was not listed as an option, it just came that way.

TT

·
Registered
266 Posts
I don't think any of the XIs or the Cabrios came with full size spares. The tire wells in the trunk won't handle that full size wheels.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Re: Re: spare wheel is not full size??

becki said:

i dont know what year your car is, but i have an 03 330xi.
i was told at delivery that the spare is not full size due to the space in the trunk.
if you put a full size tire back there - the floor would not be *flat*.
the tire would stick up...
My 8"x17" sport wheel spare DOES stick up and holds the floor mat up about 1/2" :)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have talked to the dealers today...they dont' even know what spare wheel should be on my car....they say they will give me a call back...

the thing is...even the service people and the sales are suprise that my car dont' come with a full size wheel...

my car have sport package...and have 4 17" sport xi rim on my car....and even some of my friend say the spare should be the same 17" and alloy.... not black metal skinny rim....:confused:

·
Registered
133 Posts
i asked the question on bimmerfest - in the ask-the-dealer board.

ted, from carbone bmw [ny] said, "A 330XI with the sport pkg has run flat tires. Cars equipped with run flat tires get a space saver spare."

and mbr129 added, "You also don't get a full-size spare if you get 18" wheels. This applies to the 330i/Ci/Cic with the 18" wheel upgrade over the SP and the 330i performance pkg."

as a side note, i was told you can tell if you have run-flat tires because it should state so on your tires' sidewall. however, mine do not state so - even tho they are...

does this help answer your question?
tschuss

·
Registered
113 Posts
i had the 18" v spokes and i got a 11 inch spare with a 300" tire

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
i think thats correct actually, if you have run flat tires, they dont give you a spare tire.

i remember reading or hearing that some M cars, i know the M3 does not have a spare since the exhaust, so i think the M3s have the tire inflation unit in their trunks...my bros M Roadster has no spare, and instead it has a tire inflation unit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts