E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got some bc coilovers so I plan on lowering my car. I am currently on stock 18’ wheels so I will most likely need spacers. Tire sizes are 245/40R18 on the rears and 225/45rR18 in the front. What do y’all recommend for the best fitment?

·
Registered
954 Posts
I just got some bc coilovers so I plan on lowering my car. I am currently on stock 18’ wheels so I will most likely need spacers. Tire sizes are 245/40R18 on the rears and 225/45rR18 in the front. What do y’all recommend for the best fitment?
these are NOT stock m3 wheels/tires? I used 245/45/R18 square winter tires...summer 255/40/R18 rear and 225/45R18 fronts on bone stock bmw wheels, 03 M3 vert. The winter tires needed a 10mm space and longer lug bolts to maintain looks/whatever (TireRack sent the spacers and lug bolts with the winter tires/wheels. Check tire rack for the right size tires on your car, but 245/45/R18 seems wrong size for rear. As for what spacers, you'll just have to see what is needed to clear the fenders (roll the lip is another possibility that has been done before); the suspension should clear with the stock rims.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
these are NOT stock m3 wheels/tires? I used 245/45/R18 square winter tires...summer 255/40/R18 rear and 225/45R18 fronts on bone stock bmw wheels, 03 M3 vert. The winter tires needed a 10mm space and longer lug bolts to maintain looks/whatever (TireRack sent the spacers and lug bolts with the winter tires/wheels. Check tire rack for the right size tires on your car, but 245/45/R18 seems wrong size for rear. As for what spacers, you'll just have to see what is needed to clear the fenders (roll the lip is another possibility that has been done before); the suspension should clear with the stock rims.
Yeah I guess I failed to address that I’m not running stock tires in the rear. I understand that I’m running a slightly smaller tire I just assumed the wheels were the important part which Is why I mentioned those were stock. I’m not really wanting to roll the lip and I’m not too worried about fitment being perfect I just don’t want it to look horrible as well once I do lower it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm on koni shocks and eibach pro springs, so I'm slightly lowered. I'm running 15mm in the front and 12mm in the back on stock 19" ZCP's. I think I could get away with 12mm in the back, but went with 10mm to be safe.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm on koni shocks and eibach pro springs, so I'm slightly lowered. I'm running 15mm in the front and 12mm in the back on stock 19" ZCP's. I think I could get away with 12mm in the back, but went with 10mm to be safe.
I have front and rear spacers for sale if anyone is interested. JB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts