BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
thanks for stopping by. I just have a quick question about spacers on a lowered 325ci.

I'm currently running stock style 44 17" et47 and I'm looking for a flush look. Rolling isn't a problem.

There were a few threads about this but none of them had a concrete answer. It seems to vary from user to user.

I'm going to get some coilovers but before that, I need spacers for the clearance issue. I don't want to buy 10mm for the front, then lower it, measure it again and then buy the spacers I need.

So if anybody has an answer, I would be thankful.
I'm currently looking at 15mm front and 20mm in the rear.
Are these measurement good?
While currently measuring the gap, the rear comes out to +25mm which doesn't seem right to me. Or I might just need some massive spacers... IDK.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Check my album for pics..
I run 15mm on rear 5mm on front.I tried 10 and 15 on the front but got a grinding noise.On big dips my rear wheels touch the fender so if you roll your fenders 20 on the rear should be no prob.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey m54
Thanks for the reply and you got yourself a nice looking ride. I will be rolling the fenders front and back. The grinding noise you got is due to the fenders not being rolled i guess? Correct me if I'm wrong. Also I'm looking for a bit more of a flush look than what you are currently running. Please let me know:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Its not the fenders making the noise its something behind the wheel sounds like the brake dust shield is rubbing something.On koni yellows with eibach pro kit i have to run the 5mm front or i get the same sound with no spacer at all. Must be the strut/spring causing it the joms i had on before made no sound with or without the spacer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right! the clearance issue haha, This is why I want spacers lol! I'm looking at some V-Maxx coilovers and they wont clear without spacers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Go for the 15 mm front it looks really good on our cars(wish mine didint make noise),on the uk forums(e46zone) there is alot of info and pics about spacers. My advice is keep a 5mm spacer handy.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Check my album for pics..
I run 15mm on rear 5mm on front.I tried 10 and 15 on the front but got a grinding noise.On big dips my rear wheels touch the fender so if you roll your fenders 20 on the rear should be no prob.
Extended lug bolts were too long same thing happened to me I had to cut all 20 the rears were also car would go about 6" and stop and the springs would compress in the back and would scrape in the front

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Go for the 15 mm front it looks really good on our cars(wish mine didint make noise),on the uk forums(e46zone) there is alot of info and pics about spacers. My advice is keep a 5mm spacer handy.
I'll def go check out! Thanks again!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Extended lug bolts were too long same thing happened to me I had to cut all 20 the rears were also car would go about 6" and stop and the springs would compress in the back and would scrape in the front
Did your lugs come with the spacers? I don't understand how they can be too long?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Did your lugs come with the spacers? I don't understand how they can be too long?
20mms spacers did 15 didn't. I bought the bolts separate. I did the fronts first put one side on spun the tire and it made a scratching noise, took spacer off no noise. Added the length on the stock bolt + spacer cut extended bolt that long problem solved. Did the same with the back. It wasn't much the back was only a couple threads

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
20mms spacers did 15 didn't. I bought the bolts separate. I did the fronts first put one side on spun the tire and it made a scratching noise, took spacer off no noise. Added the length on the stock bolt + spacer cut extended bolt that long problem solved. Did the same with the back. It wasn't much the back was only a couple threads
Noted! I just placed my order for 15 and 20. I'll let you guys know how it turned out! thanks again for the help

1 - 18 of 18 Posts