BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
I understand the factory in S.A. is rated higher than Munich. I really don't think it makes much difference. I'm sure you can get a lemon from either. My '02 S.A. built 325i has been fine...no problems, knock wood.

·
Registered
724 Posts
my 03 is beautiful and high quality...i have had no issues and i think the quality is either better or equal to the quality of munich...i love the sa build and feel proud to have a fairly rare (and better quality) 3 series!

·
or is it just you?
606 Posts
Mine has been fine for the year I've had it. Can't compare it to a German one since this is my only one. Works good so far.

·
Der Meisterstück
2,482 Posts
SA build isnt really that rare. most 325i as well as 325 wagons in the US, are built in SA. Its actually quite rare to find a Munich built 325.

·
XX
375 Posts
Bmwfreak84 said:
the munich ones begin with a W(vin number wise)

I also thought that sA was just for SA and the munich was direct to us.

I don't think that is correct. Mine is a SA build, and VIN starts with "W"

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,397 Posts
My 2001 SA 325i has had only one very very minor problem, the fuel guage was a little weary on cold start up but eventually reads correctly. I drive the hell outta my 325 from Autox to spirited canyon driving and the only thing I have had to replace were tires at 12k. I have heard that the SA 325's have less problems per car than the munich so I wouldn't worry too much about getting one...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts