E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a list of reliable and honest parts suppliers for e46's?

I am used to having to deal with only a handful of suppliers having owned a LR for some time now. I appreciate any help on this.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Kpeng has a good list

·
Registered
1,070 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
I always get my OEM parts from Tischer (www.getbmwparts.com). They may not always be the cheapest, although in my experience they're either as cheap or almost as cheap as anyone else. But their customer service is 100%. They always ship the same day if the parts are in stock and you order by mid-afternoon, they respond quickly to emails, and they've always taken care of me if I've gotten a wrong or unnecessary part (due to my own error). They have free UPS shipping on a lot of their package deals and standard UPS gets to me in 2 days (might be overnight for you since you're so close). If I'm buying $400 of parts, that service is worth an extra $10 to me (if they're even $10 more expensive, which often they're not).

For aftermarket, I've had great experiences with JLeviSW. Turner Motorsport is very good also, and the one time I bought from ECS Tuning went fine too. I have an unresolved issue with Bimmian that I'm waiting to hear back on before I form a judgment on them. I've never had a problem with any board sponsors, but if I'm buying parts I go to Tischer first for OEM and JLeviSW and Turner first for aftermarket.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Bmwmercedesparts.com
If you don't mind waiting a full week before they even charge you for shipping, let alone send you your parts, this site is the way to go. They're almost always the lowest price.

Tischer BMW and ECS Tuning are my personal favorites to do business with though. Umnitza is also pretty great.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
There's a few that are towards the top of the list. Like any good consumer, there's not one site that is the best ... it pays to comparison shop.

bmwmercedesparts.com is Husker Auto's BMW dealer. Usually around the best discounting BMW dealer prices. Communication is poor to non-existant. They usually will send you an email with shipping charges, but don't tell you when it ships, give you a tracking number, or answer email or return phone calls. However, the parts are genuine BMW, and are packed well. You just place the order and it shows up in a couple of weeks.

autohausaz.com is a high quality, very good prices site to buy parts from. Free shipping over $50, very clear on the parts manufacturers, quick shipping and well packed. Have used them for years for several different vehicles.

Europartsdirect.com has low prices on some parts. Clear on parts manufacturer, quick shipping and orders have arrived in good shape.

·
Your #1 BMW Part Source
1,131 Posts
I always get my OEM parts from Tischer (www.getbmwparts.com). They may not always be the cheapest, although in my experience they're either as cheap or almost as cheap as anyone else. But their customer service is 100%. They always ship the same day if the parts are in stock and you order by mid-afternoon, they respond quickly to emails, and they've always taken care of me if I've gotten a wrong or unnecessary part (due to my own error). They have free UPS shipping on a lot of their package deals and standard UPS gets to me in 2 days (might be overnight for you since you're so close). If I'm buying $400 of parts, that service is worth an extra $10 to me (if they're even $10 more expensive, which often they're not).

For aftermarket, I've had great experiences with JLeviSW. Turner Motorsport is very good also, and the one time I bought from ECS Tuning went fine too. I have an unresolved issue with Bimmian that I'm waiting to hear back on before I form a judgment on them. I've never had a problem with any board sponsors, but if I'm buying parts I go to Tischer first for OEM and JLeviSW and Turner first for aftermarket.
Thanks for your support! We not only try to provide some of the most competitive pricing, but we pride ourselves on our customer service and support! (something that we believe sets us a part from the rest) :thumbsup:

In any case, Nervous will go out of his way to try to deter business our way - simply because we charge shipping and handling fees to cover our costs and expenses. I've personally invited him into our dealership (since he's minutes up the highway from our location) to talk about his frustration with us directly and possibly come to some resolution. Oddly, he's declined...but will post negatively about us in most threads that come up like this. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I only purchase OE parts as I'm OCD about keeping the car in factory condition. Here are some sponsors I've had good luck with. Some are cheaper than others, but take a while to ship. Others cost more but ship faster. Some have more attentive customer service. It all depends on what your immediate priority is. Get to know and patronize a sponsor on a regular basis, and you might just get some good deals or accomodations for being a loyal customer.

I will say this - take a look at the prices of some of the dealers I listed below. For what you pay for OEM/AM on non-dealer sites (in an attempt to save money), you could actually be paying LESS if you buy OE from the dealer. Plus, they all have 2 yr BMW warranties on parts and youre assured they are current, genuine BMW parts that fit and perform as they should. Too many go for AM and end up spending more by having to redo repairs and buy OE/OEM. There's an old saying - "Im not rich enough to buy cheap parts." The implication being that they dont last as long and end up costing more in the end when you replace with the proper quality part.

www.BMWmercedesPARTS.com (OE - BMW dealer)

www.getBMWparts.com (OE- BMW dealer)

www.BMWpartsSOURCE.com (OE - BMW dealer)

www.ECSTuning.com (OE, OEM and AM)

www.AutohauzAZ.com (OE, OEM and AM)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I will order my parts from outlets such as Tischer, and Bav Auto, rather than do any business with my local dealer. The reason is simple. They are about twice as expensive as anyone else on their parts. Think I'm kidding about the twice as high? They wanted to charge me 52 bucks for the plastic water pump pulley. and the little Lord Mounts for the Secondary Air Pump were only 38 bucks each. Stay the Hell away from BMW of Nashville. Hell I went to Orlando to Fields BMW to buy my Touring.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
True, but sometimes you have to use your local dealer to buy something minor (bolt, clamp, etc), because you forgot to order it from online vendor. Or, you just broke it and don't have time to wait delivery and don't want ot pay for shipping (and "handling" in the case of tischer! :ben:).

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Nervous,

I have to pay for shipping and handling regardless of whom I purchase from. Even my local dealer if the part is not in stock. My 3 series is not my daily driver, so I'll wait for the part to arrive (normally in 1 to 2 days), rather than use my local dealer. The last time someone robbed me like that, they used a gun.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Well, this is surprising for me you have to pay for shipping at your local dealer. Not in MD, they just say "I'll get it in ....days/hours" if they don't have it in stock.
As to the price of shipping - it is also VERY different. Tischer is known for outrageous S&H prices (they charge you a lot for shipping PLUS, additionally, $4.95 for "handling" (wtf?)). Even for local pickup (I am in MD and they are too) they charge $2 additional to that "handling" fees, that doesn't make any sense. And after all, their prices are not that low at all! Compare with www.bmwmercedesparts.com, for example.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts