BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of a friend has an uncle selling a E36 M3 sedan. Here are the specs on

1997 BMW M3 Sedan (Estorial Blue w/ light grey leather interior)
5-Speed MT
63,000 miles (roughly)
Power seats
OEM rear spoiler
Sunroof
CD Changer

MODS:
H&R race springs with Bilstein shocks
B&B Triflo Exhaust
Dinan ECU upgrade
Painted moldings

The car is in absolute perfect condition, inside and out. Not a single scratch on the body or rims, and the interior looks almost new. The seats have natural wear on them, but nothing bad at ALL. I mean this car is spotless. I took it to my body shop and he checked the whole car and all the paint is original on it, nothing has been repainted (no accidents). He checked the frame and everything is perfect. He took it for a ride and agreed that the car ran and felt great. This guy really takes care of the car, waxes it 3 times a month and its obvious.

Heres the funny part... He only wants 11,500$ for the car. I cant figure out why. The book value is about 19,000 - 20,000, and he can get more then what hes asking from a dealership. The guy seems like he is just trying to get rid of the car ASAP, why, I don't know. The car looks and runs great, but the fact that he is pushing it on me so fast and wants to get rid of it by the end of the week is scaring me out and making me not want it. What could the problem be. I checked carfax and everything was clean, perfect record not a single insurance claim. Any advice from your wizer car buyers out there? Give me some pointers please.

·
The G.O.A.T. is Baccckkkkk!
4,106 Posts
Damn that does sound to good to be true, maybe the guy just needs the money and fast :dunno:

·
Mod Squad
12,558 Posts
Maybe the guy is loaded and doesn't really care about the money and just wants to get it out of his garage fast? :dunno:

·
Registered
370 Posts
russ330 said:
Maybe the guy is loaded and doesn't really care about the money and just wants to get it out of his garage fast? :dunno:
I would agree with this. I know I have sold stuff dirt cheap just to get rid of it, my wood trim and stuff, obviously not a car, but bigger bank account, more money to play with.

·
Got Mis-shift?
752 Posts
325seeeye said:
Make sure it is not stolen. (i.e the VIN hasen't been changed)
I agree. Check for all the VIN in the car. I believe there is a VIN engraved in the engine. I think bmw has at least 3 vin locations.

·
Registered
405 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts