E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This wheel cleaner is epic.... my wheels were covered in brake dust.... though its hard to see in the video until i spray them off...

Available at www.worldclassmotoring.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TPJ-i_120E

Sonax Full Effect is awesome..... almost no need for scrubbing...... spray on let it work its magic(it turns blood red like you ran over something) for about 5 mins or so and then spray off and wipe dry.... wiping it dry should be enough to take the left over residue off..... if there is any...... haha its not acid based and made in germany...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ditto... Simple Green and 2 minutes of elbow grease does the same thing.
I am a little afraid of the standard simple green on alluminum wheels but have used the Extreme simple green aircraft formula. I just stock up on Mequires (hot wheels or something like that) spray when it's on sale for $4 and find it's as good as anything.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
WTF!!!!
That stuff is $100 for 5 liters!

I'm also seeing $20 to $40 for a little spray bottle.

If I'm going to spend that much coin for brake dust I rather just buy new Akebono's dust free pads and call it a day.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
1. Develop a standard, run-of-the-mill wheel cleaner
2. Add an agent that changes to red as it oxidizes, to mesmerize the masses
3. ???
4. Profit!

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Nice...but $16 for a bottle of wheel spray?
Where did you see $16 a bottle? That is a steal compared to the prices that I am seeing.

Even on eBay the stuff is like $19 - $29 for little spray bottle.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts