E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guy 3 months ago I bought 2002 325i with 16.000 km on it. The car has Panasonic DVD nav system. Everything was Just fine and I can feel the almost new car driving experience with it. Few days ago I wanted to use the car navigation (I used to use the portable one) but it the map didn't show up on the screen. I tried to eject the DVD in the trunk but it didn't respond to eject button. I thought it is something related to a fuse so I checked the fuse box in passenger side one by one, after about 10 fuses I thought its better to remove the battery cable so I did it then checked the other fuses and all were fine. I reconnected the battery cable and turned on the engine then I heard something coming from engine room (just behind the dash), it is something never heard it before, it is like whistling or humming and becomes high as i accelerate, when engine becomes hot the sound disappears. I thought maybe I put one fuse (or maybe more) in wrong place, so I compared my fuses places with E46 fuse diagram but I couldn't figure out the wrong one. By the way the Engine is untouched and everything underhood still in its original status.

Can anyone help with this? Thank you :)
Product Font Technology Drink Liquid

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wondering why no reply!! maybe bad English or something!? hemmm any ways guys i'm using the car everyday and it seems to be fine. I didn't know that the BMW fix it self lol.

·
Premium Member
2001 BMW 330ci - 5 Speed - 3.0 - 229k Miles - 03/2001
243 Posts
When it comes to aftermarket electronics installations, the e46 is very picky. You'll need a multimeter and plenty of free time to figure out where the power loss is. As for the whistling, it could be a vacuum leak, but when the engine warms up, thermodynamics cause items to get larger when warm which could very well have sealed the small leak and stop the whistling. Despite low km, rubber and plastic deteriorate with time. Could be time to go over those items and check for aging.

Often posts go unanswered because it got overlooked when it was new and got slowly shuffled down. Your English is decent and I can understand what your saying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts